delayed thread updating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hank49

Contributor
Reaction score
For about the last week, when I open a thread, I don't see the last post without hitting the refresh button. Sometimes it's 1, or even up to 5 or 6 posts behind when I just click on the thread. After "refreshing" I see all. Is this just a Belizean thing or is it SB?

No. We're on satellite. It only seems to do it if I've already seen a thread that day. However, many more posts have been made but they don't show unless I click refresh.

You are probably using an accelerator of some sort that is not picking up on the change so you are seeing an existing cache instead of real time. Nothing we can do on our end to resolve it.

Dig around in your browsers settings, you should be able to change your settings so it will load a fresh copy rather than a cached one whenever you click on a link. Sounds like your current settings are set to only load once a day, fine on a lot of static pages, but sucks for forum browsing. A lot of dial up and satelite services install disks will change your settings to this to lower traffic through their servers.

or you could just keep hitting F5 key(refresh in windows)

Back
Top Bottom