Deerfield Beach Shore Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am when i get my license

Sure, give us some more details. What beach? Where do you park? How long can you legally park, and how much does it cost? How long a walk to the water? How long a swim to the reef?

Once I know more, I will probably be very interested in driving up and joining you for a dive. :)

When: Monday Aug 6th, when 7:00 PM.

The Spot is Deerfield Ledges. its a bunch of rock ledges about 3/4 a mile south of the pier. Lobsters and other critters live around the rocks. Divers access is just south of the pink condo call the Cove beach club condo. There is a sand path on the south boarder or the codo and north or the public beach area. Diver and Kayakers are permitted to use this path. Once on the Beach there is a rock pile to the north. This is a good place to camp.

parking is beach side so very little to get to the site, about 75 feet from the sand to the reef. the reef goes out about 125ft.

It is common to use south parking of the condo to drop off gear, but parking is metered. $0.25 for 15 min, and runs up and down the beach on Ocean Way as well as up SE 5th St. Parking is till 2AM.

The is a $6 dollar garage just noth of Hillsboro on Federal about 1/2 mile north of the spot.

I was thinking this is a good place to beach dive monday. Aug. 6th and see if any lobsters are hiding in the rocks.

Getting there is simple, take I95 to Hillsboro Blv east, then go south on A1A to SE 5ht St. once at the condo go to the south side.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&view=text&geocode=&saddr=Ft.+Lauderdale,+FL&daddr=500+SE+21st+Ave,Deerfield+Beach,+FL&sll=26.30855,-80.10899&sspn=0.065553,0.1157&ie=UTF8&z=11&om=1

Hey, thanks, it sounds great!!!

I'm not available for a beach dive August 6, but the tasty critters are in season until March 31...I see this as a dive we can do frequently!!!

Is this do-able as a night dive? Do-able means that you don't get towed if your car is there past 9 p.m. How late can you park there?

WOW I just set your Google map to hybrid and zoomed in really tight...there really IS a great looking reef right offshore!!

Yes, its night friendly. there are a few night clubs close by JB's and 123, and Luna Moon right on the beach, so the parking is till 2AM I think. I will check the meter by the spot this weekend to verify. Some people in Deerfield Beach call this place lobster ledge, so this peaked my interest.

Im open to dates, when do you think would be a good one?

I hate to say this...I am booked solid up until the week of August 13.

I suggest that you pick a date convenient for you, post it under Trips and marketplace with date, time, and the details you posted above, and you will get dive buddies! It sounds really good, so you will be repeating it and I'll jump in on the next one.

i might... but i gotta check a few things...
if i dont let you know by saturday.. count me out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom