Deep6 regs used in Thai cave rescue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny how I noticed that as well while watching! Short, but great advertising.

Funny how I noticed that as well while watching! Short, but great advertising.
I am so truly impressed by the work of the team to rescue the kids and aware of the cost(major Kunan, the Thai diver that passed).

Folks, I feel that using the efforts and sacrifice of so many, in water and supporting, and the media attention it got to promote my gear is lame and takes away from those that deserve the credit and honour.

Please don’t forget what an amazing thing happened and the teamwork, courage and the love of humanity that was shown. Let’s never forget the name of Major Kunan.
Ivan would have made it happen if all he had was 20 year old rentalregs from the cheapest resort in Thailand.

@cerich

You thought it was lame, so I deleted first post. Wasn’t promoting your gear, just thought it was interesting that a small startup’s gear was being used.

@cerich

You thought it was lame, so I deleted first post. Wasn’t promoting your gear, just thought it was interesting that a small startup’s gear was being used.
No I appreciate that point of view as well. I replied to the “great advertising “ aspect because honestly I am at DEMA and it seems so many brands and agencies are promoting the rescue in the context of “see the gear used”, and it does strike me as lame.

I really wasn’t saying you posting this is lame. If I had posted it, offered a you can “see and buy the regs at..” type of thing it would have been lame. Sorry if you thought I meant you, my reply was all about me and my feelings.. it is 2018 and it’s the internet ;-)

No problemo. That danged orange jumps out at you!

Your sentiments were shared in the original post.....this post just highlighted the gear that was used as many here often ask about Deepsix.

Back
Top Bottom