Deep6 reg breathing wet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Smelly G

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have the deep6 signature series regulators and they are breathing wet.

I have checked the diaphragm for damage and cleaned it with a mild detergent. I have checked the mouthpiece for damage and that it is installed correctly but still I get minor water intrusion that causes me to cough a couple times a dive.

I am unsure how to remove exhaust cover so I can examine the exhaust diaphragm. Any suggestions what could be the cause or how to examine the exhaust diaphragm?

It sounds like your diaphragm isn't seated correctly. Am I correct in understanding that both 2nd stages are breathing wet? Did you take the faces off apart or are they leaking from day 1?

It sounds like your diaphragm isn't seated correctly. Am I correct in understanding that both 2nd stages are breathing wet? Did you take the faces off apart or are they leaking from day 1?
They were leaking from day 1 before I ever took off the faces. Both 2nd stages are doing it, that's correct.

D6 has great customer service. I wish I could give you the magic answer, but the best answer is probably to call them... very odd that both are doing it. I've had that happen with one, it was the diaphragm that wasn't seated properly.

Edit: I now own 7 2nds. All see regular use and none have that issue.

Every one I had did this, each case it was the main diaphragm not being seated properly, easy to fix and my understanding it they have added a washer to the newest models to help prevent it. If you remove the hose and hold your finger the inlet you can do a mild suction test which is much better than inhaling water.

Every one I had did this, each case it was the main diaphragm not being seated properly, easy to fix and my understanding it they have added a washer to the newest models to help prevent it. If you remove the hose and hold your finger the inlet you can do a mild suction test which is much better than inhaling water.
I have tried that test but hooked up to my tanks with the air off. Seems to form a vacuum is why I was thinking it was the exhaust.

D6 has great customer service. I wish I could give you the magic answer, but the best answer is probably to call them... very odd that both are doing it. I've had that happen with one, it was the diaphragm that wasn't seated properly.

Edit: I now own 7 2nds. All see regular use and none have that issue.

I was hoping to diagnose and try to fix it myself if possible as I am in Canada so sending back to deep6 would be a little costly and time consuming. But maybe I'll have to go that route.

@lexvil - So they added a friction ring like on ScubaPro seconds?
That what I understand from a post Rob responded to, maybe it was the service class one, I don’t recall exactly.

I was hoping to diagnose and try to fix it myself if possible as I am in Canada so sending back to deep6 would be a little costly and time consuming. But maybe I'll have to go that route.

Didn't realize, sorry. Yeah, I'd want to find out myself before paying for shipping also.

Back
Top Bottom