Deep6 3mm Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been using Seac Basic HD 5mm boots with my Deep6 Eddy fins. I wear US 8.5 and from the Seac sizing chart, I'm on the cusp of Small and Medium. I ordered the Medium, as sometimes I'm a 9, depending on shoe manufacturer. After dives, there's always a slosh of water in the boots.

When Deep6 announced boots, I took a look and decided to order a pair of 3mm, with the idea of having a better pair of fitting boots. Deep6 boots come in 8 or 9 and not 8.5, which puts me at a quandary again. Which would fit better? To "optimize" shipping and returns, I ordered both the 8 and 9, with the intention of returning one pair. Since the dollar amount is small, shipping wouldn't be free, so about $14 USD one-way. The boots are only $26 USD. In the end, I'll be paying $28 USD in shipping for $26 USD boots. However, in the interest of other divers, I'm hoping to shed light on boot sizing so that others can save on shipping.

After trying on both the 8 and 9, the 8 fits perfectly. There's enough space to feel comfortable, yet not too big so that there will be a lot of space for water to slosh around.

Both pairs measure about 4" at the widest. The 8 is about 10.5" long, while the 9 is 10.75" long.

Size 8 boots with small Eddy fin... Orange matches, if color is a concern...

DSC07149_1k.JPG

Inner side with plastic YKK zippers and velcro tab to prevent the zipper from unzipping...

DSC07150_1k.JPG

Outer side...

DSC07151_1k.JPG

Bottom, showing thread pattern...

DSC07152_1k.JPG

Rear, showing bump to latch onto fin strap... It latches very well...

DSC07153_1k.JPG

Front, with Deep6 logo... It'll be interesting to see if the logo lasts, as it feels like it's an iron-on instead of something embroidered or part of the fabric... The front, grey-ish material, is soft and provides a good amount of flex, which should help in putting on and removing the boot...

DSC07154_1k.JPG

Great info, thanks @divinh! I'm looking at a pair of these as well. I wear a 10.5 and was trying to decide between a 10 and an 11. Quick question if you don't mind. Do you think you have room in the 8s if you were to wear a 1mm sock or would you move up to the size 9? I sometimes dive with a pair of wetsox.

Thanks for your help!

Great info, thanks @divinh! I'm looking at a pair of these as well. I wear a 10.5 and was trying to decide between a 10 and an 11. Quick question if you don't mind. Do you think you have room in the 8s if you were to wear a 1mm sock or would you move up to the size 9? I sometimes dive with a pair of wetsox.

Thanks for your help!

I've yet to wear socks, but 1mm seems very thin and I don't think it should be a problem. The main difference between the 8 and the 9 seems to be an extra 0.25" in length, so I suspect that would be the same between a 10 and an 11. 0.25" seems excessive if all you need is another 1mm (0.04").

I just tried the boots with crew socks and it feels good. I think crew socks are a tad thicker?

Love the boots. I’ve been wearing mares shorties but I’m a fan of these.

I've yet to wear socks, but 1mm seems very thin and I don't think it should be a problem. The main difference between the 8 and the 9 seems to be an extra 0.25" in length, so I suspect that would be the same between a 10 and an 11. 0.25" seems excessive if all you need is another 1mm (0.04").

I just tried the boots with crew socks and it feels good. I think crew socks are a tad thicker?

Awesome! That's exactly what I needed to know. Yeah, crew socks are a just a bit thicker, so the 10s will work perfectly for me. Thanks for your help!

Oh, hey divinh, I just noticed your Eddy fins don't have the hole at the end of the flipper. Do you mind if I ask when you bought them? I thought all the eddy fins had the "hanging hole" in them? I'm looking to get a pair soon.

Thanks for doing this. I’m an 8.5 in dress Shoes and sometimes a 9 in Nike’s or something. So I will try ordering the 8. I use a small eddy fin I think it’s a little tight though half way through my dive I feel like I’m losing blood circulation in my calf’s I might order a new pair of large fins.

Oh, hey divinh, I just noticed your Eddy fins don't have the hole at the end of the flipper. Do you mind if I ask when you bought them? I thought all the eddy fins had the "hanging hole" in them? I'm looking to get a pair soon.

Only our first batch of flippers came without the hole- all flippers we currently sell have it.

Best,
Bill

I bought them last year. As far as I've seen, only the Blue Friday Eddy's have hanging holes.

EDIT: Just got to Bill's response. I guess they all have it now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom