Deep Six Service Kits & Parts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
M

madamimadam

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a source for service kits and parts (diaphragms), for Deep Six regulators?

While participating in a general/not brand-specific regulator technician (service and repair) course, I used the kits that had been shipped with my Scribble/Excursion First Stage and Signature Second Stage. I've since inquired with Deep Six about purchasing extra kits, and was told they will not sell them unless I take their course.

Living outside the States, it is impractical to travel to GA or FL to take their course at this time (although I am planning a trip to Atlanta for some other technical training, and would like to complete the Deep Six course at the same time). Shipping my regs to and from the States would be ridiculously expensive, would leave me dry far too long, and is a sorry expenditure of carbon to do something I have the training, tools, and experience to do myself.

It looks as though parts in the DGX Gears D6 First Stage and DGX Gears XTRA Second Stage kits are not a match for the similar Deep Six regulators.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I switched to scuba pro and now sherwood, with the big guys I can obtain kits from all around the world, the original concept didn’t survive contact with the public so sourcing from a narrow supply chain makes it more difficult.

I switched to scuba pro and now sherwood, with the big guys I can obtain kits from all around the world, the original concept didn’t survive contact with the public so sourcing from a narrow supply chain makes it more difficult.
What didn't survive?

What didn't survive?
Originally kits were to be available to anyone who ordered one, the not unless you paid up for a course, still not a bad deal or model but being such a narrow supply chain I find the other methods works better for me, they all suck but deep 6 and hog have a good workaround for someone who isn’t or doesn’t want to be associated with a shop.

Can anyone suggest a source for service kits and parts (diaphragms), for Deep Six regulators?

While participating in a general/not brand-specific regulator technician (service and repair) course, I used the kits that had been shipped with my Scribble/Excursion First Stage and Signature Second Stage. I've since inquired with Deep Six about purchasing extra kits, and was told they will not sell them unless I take their course.

Living outside the States, it is impractical to travel to GA or FL to take their course at this time (although I am planning a trip to Atlanta for some other technical training, and would like to complete the Deep Six course at the same time). Shipping my regs to and from the States would be ridiculously expensive, would leave me dry far too long, and is a sorry expenditure of carbon to do something I have the training, tools, and experience to do myself.

It looks as though parts in the DGX Gears D6 First Stage and DGX Gears XTRA Second Stage kits are not a match for the similar Deep Six regulators.

I'm not certain, but these might work:

You might also check out HOG regulators for compatibility.

Whatever you thought that you were saving you are now going to pay it more. You should have bought brand name with international presence; SP, AL, etc. and you would have saved money, time and effort.

Whatever you thought that you were saving you are now going to pay it more. You should have bought brand name with international presence; SP, AL, etc. and you would have saved money, time and effort.
You can buy a full regulator setup with 1st stage, two 2nd stages, hoses, SPG, and DIR necklace plus take the reg service course through Deep 6 and still not have spent what it costs to buy an equivalent SP single 1st stage and one 2nd stage lol.

Not to mention that SP, AL, etc. don't want to sell you service kits in the first place (you can get around most of their policies generally if you try, but don't call them up as "just a diver" and expect them to sell you a service kit much less teach you to service their regs lol.

You can buy a full regulator setup with 1st stage, two 2nd stages, hoses, SPG, and DIR necklace plus take the reg service course through Deep 6 and still not have spent what it costs to buy an equivalent SP single 1st stage and one 2nd stage lol.

Not to mention that SP, AL, etc. don't want to sell you service kits in the first place (you can get around most of their policies generally if you try, but don't call them up as "just a diver" and expect them to sell you a service kit much less teach you to service their regs lol.

Tell that to the OP who can't buy the parts direct and probably can't source them since his regulator mfg. is too small to handle a decent international support network. SP, AL and others have very decent lower price regulators that are high performers, for example the SP MK11/C370 or S270.

I don't know what's going on with Deep Six and kits. I could never get kits and I'm a Deep Six instructor and I actually wrote the manual for Signature series. It was supposed to be you take the class from a Deep Six instructor and you can order the kits.
When I was writing the manual I was aware that there was a supply issue and they didn't want to run out of kits for people sending them in to get done.
I understand that you took a general course. Virtual I guess? Had you taken the Deep Six course you could have bought the kits. I am aware that there are instructors teaching the class virtually.
Personally I won't because I can't check the work and last time I talked to TDI they required that. And in an in-person class, many instructors have class regs for you to work on. Did your regs actually need serviced. In the classes I taught that's the first thing we determined and if not, students used classroom regs I had on hand.
They did not break the contract with kits. You could be see to have done that by going outside the terms of it.
HOG allows any dealer to sell kits to anyone. Deep Six does not.
The going with a major to avoid this is neither here nor there because the big names at least in the US suck because they don't allow anyone to sell kits to the user. The dealer has to service them. On their schedule, not yours. I will never buy a reg I can't service myself.
Message Landon and see if he will do a virtual course and the problem will be solved.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom