Deep Six regs - user (not service) manual?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all

I've been looking around for the user manual of Deep Six regs. The service manual is available on their website, but I couldn't find a "user" one, with instructions (which way is dive/pre-dive?) or care/maintenance.

Thanks

Can't help with manual, but pre dive switch is usually marked in some way, most often with a + or - the plus being dive and the minus pre dive. Could also be bars of ever increasing size, biggest bar dive, smallest pre dive. On that style second stage the pre dive is usually with lever pushed toward the front of the reg and dive toward your mouth.

As for service, general practice is a good rinse and flush in fresh water, I soak mine for a few hours too. Make sure dust cap is on properly, try drawing air from the second stage, if you can draw no air it's sealed. Don't push purge button on second stage as it will allow water up the hose and it could find its way into the first stage. I hang mine to dry.

Rinsing and soaking while pressurized is best practice but not always practical, I don't.

Hopefully a user will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong as I don't and have never seen these regs, although "most" are the same save Atomic and the newer Zeagle.

Hello all

I've been looking around for the user manual of Deep Six regs. The service manual is available on their website, but I couldn't find a "user" one, with instructions (which way is dive/pre-dive?) or care/maintenance.

Thanks
the dive pre dive is towards you is dive, away is pre dive. The knob on the end is for cracking effort and clockwise is harder, counter clockwise less.

Can't help with manual, but pre dive switch is usually marked in some way, most often with a + or - the plus being dive and the minus pre dive. Could also be bars of ever increasing size, biggest bar dive, smallest pre dive. On that style second stage the pre dive is usually with lever pushed toward the front of the reg and dive toward your mouth.

As for service, general practice is a good rinse and flush in fresh water, I soak mine for a few hours too. Make sure dust cap is on properly, try drawing air from the second stage, if you can draw no air it's sealed. Don't push purge button on second stage as it will allow water up the hose and it could find its way into the first stage. I hang mine to dry.

Rinsing and soaking while pressurized is best practice but not always practical, I don't.

Hopefully a user will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong as I don't and have never seen these regs, although "most" are the same save Atomic and the newer Zeagle.

This is correct. The deep 6 sets have the + and - signs on them. The service manual is the only one I know of. It does talk about testing and general maintenance of everything within the 72 pages. There is no “user manual” as far as I know.

This is correct. The deep 6 sets have the + and - signs on them. The service manual is the only one I know of. It does talk about testing and general maintenance of everything within the 72 pages. There is no “user manual” as far as I know.
yeah, t's a very extended manual, user/service.

Back
Top Bottom