Closed: Deep Sea Supply Super Sierra Li-Ion Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Donn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Deep Sea Supply Super Sierra Li-Ion Battery
I have the Deep Sea Supply Lithium Ion battery pack for the Dive-Xtras Sierra or Echo. This is a “6-cell” 22.2 Volt, 52 Amp-hour pack. It offers 4 times the capacity of the standard Ni-MH battery from rabbit tools. I purchased the battery new in 2010. It has only seen approximately 30 charge/discharge cycles. Most of those discharges have been to a depth of discharge of only about 30% with only 5 cycles deeper than 50%. I log all the charge cycles and keep the battery roughly at a 50 % state of charge when not in use.

This battery gives really massive capacity in a small package. Run time at max speed is around 160 minutes for a range of 5 miles and the scooter will run 7.5 miles at cruise speed for 260 minutes. In practical terms that is a really long cave dive with plenty of reserve capacity. When ocean diving it means that I can dive an entire weekend without bringing the charger along and I don’t have to worry about the parasitic drain of the electronics which means no opening up the scooter on a rocking boat. The charger that comes with this battery is great. It stays cool with two large fans. It logs the charge put into the pack and carefully tops off the charge without overcharging.

The battery is $2600 + shipping including the charger. Buyer pays any transaction fees.

4f4QlU.jpg

Last edited:
Dropping the price down to $2400 if anyone is interested

Now that it is getting warm out there must be someone that needs to hotrod their scooter?

Price drop to $2300 or make an offer.

Price drop on the Deep Sea Supply Super Sierra Li-Ion Battery to $2000 and I'll pay shipping within the CONUS.

Price Drop to $1800

Dropping the price on the battery to $1400

Do you know if it would work with a Gavin scooter older Nickle battery system-to-lithium conversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom