Deep reef diving in Bimini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roguediver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
will be heading over sometime after the first of the year will let you know about hte trip when I return.

roguediver:
will be heading over sometime after the first of the year will let you know about hte trip when I return.

Hi,

i used to run a dive boat at of pompano beach and dove the reefs out of bimini many times. I can tell you a little about it. the deep reef starts at about 90 feet and drops almost straight down to over 2000 feet I have been down as deep as 300 feet and deeper. the visibility is up to 100 feet and better depending on the time of year. definately wear doubles to get some good bottom time. there are sharks, large turtles. fantastic coral formations. spearfishing is not allowed. the gulf stream runs right beside the reef and moves along at about three to four mph. it makes a fantastice drift dive good luck and send me a message to tell me how u liked it.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom