Deep pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joewr

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
On my last trip I dove with a fellow that had a Genesis BC with the most useful pocket I have ever seen. It was attached to the outer "belt" of his cumberbund. It closed with velcro and was expandable.

He said that there were aftermarket pockets/pouches like his, but I have never seen one. I stopped by two dive shops in my area and they had not heard of such a device.

My BC, a fine SeaQuest product has almost useless pockets. They are damn near impossible to open when the BC is on and I am UW. They are not a lot easier to close UW. Since I like to dive w/o gloves in warm water, but want to keep gloves nearby, I would really like a better pocket. Also want a place to keep my flashlight or spare flashlight on night dives. I do not like hanging too much stuff on D-Rings because I carry a camera and do not want too much stuff dragging that could catch coral, etc.

Sooo, the question is: Before I invent one of these things myself to sew on my cumberbund, does anyone know of something on the market?

Joewr

Zeagle makes a pocket that they call the "Sport Utility Pocket". It's made from para pac nylon, is 6" wide x 9" long/deep x 2.5" thick, and comes in black, blue, neon yellow, teal and grape. It's made for their line of BCs, but I'm sure it could be easily sewn on to just about any BC. The product # is 8033P. Is that what your looking for?

That could do the trick. I will see if they have a web site..and if a local dive shop can get their products. Thanks!!!!

Joewr

joewr:
Dive Rite also makes some utility pockets. I have one on my BC right in front on the waist strap. Works great.
RonC.

The pocket could also of been a drysuit bellows pocket. He could easily have that swen, Aquasealed, or grommeted to the BC

Eric

Hey, Warhammer, I found the Zeagle pockets--the dive shop that had them had two types. At any rate, I bought the less expensive of the two and attached it neatly to my cumberbund. It looks great (always important for the fashion conscious), holds what I wanted to store, is much more accessible than my bc pockets and I am happy(very important).

I attached it by neatly sewing it with poly "cord" and sealing the knots by melting them slightly with micro soldering iron.

Thanks for the help!

Joewr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom