Deep Exposure reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Anyone dived with Deep Exposure and able to share your experiences? Their website does shows some good SI food, but beyond that says little that I could find about pick-up site(s), equipment storage availability and service in general. I’m considering taking my AOW and diving with them in March. I’m hoping to learn a lot from their technically oriented instructors and staff. What do you think?

i've heard lots of good things but have no personal experience.

Did you try a search?

Anyone dived with Deep Exposure and able to share your experiences? Their website does shows some good SI food, but beyond that says little that I could find about pick-up site(s), equipment storage availability and service in general. I’m considering taking my AOW and diving with them in March. I’m hoping to learn a lot from their technically oriented instructors and staff. What do you think?
They are well known to mix recreational divers and tech divers on the same boat which doesn't work for everyone.

When I was last in Coz (Oct 2019) I dropped by to ask them some questions as I was interested in doing some technical dives with them. I can’t remember the nice lady’s name who spoke to me, but she did a great job of answering all my questions. She was very knowledgeable, and also gave me a quick tour of their filling station. They mix their own nitrox.

The only issue I had, which will likely prevent me from using them, is their trips don’t return until mid afternoon (it seems like it was 2 or 3:00). I’m very spoiled using Blue Xt-Sea, as they always get me back to the dock at 1:00 or before. I don’t want to return late in the day as there’s too many things to enjoy on the island to spend 3/4 of the day (during daylight ours) away from the rest of my family.

I've never dove with them but their boat usually brings divers back to Hotel Cozumel around 3:00 PM or later. I don't however know when it picks divers up. I'm guessing 9:00 AM or later which would be after I've either left on a morning dive or had my breakfast & still have left the beach club restaurant when it's served there (which seems to be when near full occupancy).

Deep exposure has been my goto operation on Cozumel for over 10 years now. As Christi mentioned they do sometimes mix rec and tec divers in the same group but any time I have been with a mixed group it has been by mutual consent as they do have a small boat for a more intimate group if required. The only down side to dive with mixed groups is they will require a longer surface interval and the dives are less rushed for the rec divers because they only do one outing a day so they don't have to hurry back for the next group.
DE does lots of rec groups as well as having the ability to service tec and CCR divers.

I have never dived with Deep Exposure but I used to dive with the man who was the founder and I believe is still the owner.

He was/is a good diver and wanted to set up his own quality operation. I know them by reputation which is good. They do cater to deeper and technical dives which require longer surface intervals , so it makes sense they might not dive on a tight schedule (i certainly don’t want to dive on a tight schedule).

On my first day of business, without introducing themselves, they dropped by my location in the harbor to inform me my business would fail and all my equipment would be stolen. They were smug, arrogant, and rude. After they left I had to ask my Captain who they were. Out of the 100+ dive operators in Cozumel, they are the only one that went out of their way to be unwelcoming to me. Take that for what its worth.

On my first day of business, without introducing themselves, they dropped by my location in the harbor to inform me my business would fail and all my equipment would be stolen. They were smug, arrogant, and rude. After they left I had to ask my Captain who they were. Out of the 100+ dive operators in Cozumel, they are the only one that went out of their way to be unwelcoming to me. Take that for what its worth.

The fact that the only negative comments here are coming from the competition says a lot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom