Deep Blue Resort Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wait a minute....

Hold on...

Lemme get this straight..

Steve..

You own a dive shop yet you don't want to reccomend one and suggest people walk around and shop.

OK now, unless this is some new highly subtle form of marketing, I'm seeing self-destructive business practices in play here.

Allow me to be more direct..Deep Blue (in town ) is a GREAT shop. I spent a month with them earlier this year and I find it near impossible to fault them. I plan on heading back there next, FSM willing.

Whale sharks are the whole reason for heading to the north side. Really there's nothing to see below, say 60...nay 40 feet as all the action is in the sand channels or at the top of the wall. Going down the wall is one big exercise in yawn unless you're really really fussed about going deep for the sake of going deep. It's the surface intervals that everyone goes whale shark looking on and all the captains are talking to each other on the radio and they all work together. Why ? A captain who can get a boat of divers/snorkelers out to one of the big guys is going to find himself with a nice tip at the end of the trip. Nobodies competing with anyone in this respect,

So, There's UDC with possible deals at the Mango Inn to check out.
Alton's
I'd give the Bay Islands College of Diving a good look. A smaller, less busy shop, like Deep Blue but they seemed to have a lot to offer.

There's others, but they're more of a younger, party hearty crowd, if that's your thing then give them a look however I'd avoid the cheapest place as it doesn't have a very good reputation.

Good luck, enjoy your trip

Howdy all! My wife and I are gointg to DBR in July

When in July? My buddy and I will be there in July too, can't wait.

If you do a search here for Deep Blue Resort you will find lots of details, in fact one of the moderators on the board has been here and has put lots of info on here about us, please do contact him if you would like to know more his name on the board is Diver Steve,

Have you considered giving him a sales commission? That's how I found out about the resort. :wink:

If you would like to see more photos of the resort, you can view my entire album. There are 140 images on there of the resort, the surrounding area, and the Utila Keys. If you have never been to Utila before you may wish to see my trip report from the previous year which tends to focus on the island itself. Finally, my first trip to Utila can be found here and offers photos of many of the businesses and what you will see walking around the main road of Utila.

I'll assume you are going to do some diving with Deep Blue. You can view my scuba photos from my time with Deep Blue earlier this year. Combined with my UW photos from 2010, you should have a good idea of what to expect while there.

Enjoy your trip!
I'm not sure just clicking the Like button cuts it here, so THANK YOU! I'll have to check out those pics when I have a bit more time tomorrow.

From personal experience I would highly recommend UDC or Cross Creek. As STOUT mentioned, surface intervals are often spent searching for whale sharks, if they have been sighted. All the captains keep in touch and call each other. A small tip is given to the Captain of the boat and thats only if you get to swim with something, like a dolphin, whale shark or manta. I would tip the capt. anyway but its up to you.

Listen, divertuck......Steve is all right.....what I suggest is that you walk down the hill from Jade Seahorse, turn left and walk til you get to Deep Blue Divers on right. Tell Shirley or Victoria that your tired of Steve's BS on SB and you want to go to the north side with then to see some big boys. Tell them I sent you and you won't be disappointed. Enjoy!!!

After spending a week at the lodge with Steve and Shirley in January, I will agree that Deep Blue is the greatest! Personal service, great food and awsome diving! Next year i hope to arrange it where we are there for the whale sharks.

Hi, I'm 99.9% sure I'll be at Deep Blue Resort at the end of July, early August. It was booked until the 30th of July... I'm planning on staying til the 15th or 16th of August. Just waiting to hear back from one other place, and make sure Deep Blue is the best for me. How long are you and your buddy going to be there? I'm traveling solo and definitely looking for possible buddies to dive with. :) So it sounds like I should definitely stay at Deep Blue..? Take care!

this msg was intended for oreocookie, but apparently i don't know how to quote...sorry :)

Last edited:
Hi, I'm 99.9% sure I'll be at Deep Blue Resort at the end of July, early August. It was booked until the 30th of July... I'm planning on staying til the 15th or 16th of August. Just waiting to hear back from one other place, and make sure Deep Blue is the best for me. How long are you and your buddy going to be there? I'm traveling solo and definitely looking for possible buddies to dive with. :) So it sounds like I should definitely stay at Deep Blue..? Take care!

this msg was intended for oreocookie, but apparently i don't know how to quote...sorry :)

Sounds like we'll just miss each other. My buddy and I will be there from July 14th to the 21st. As for quoting posts, at the bottom right over every posts are a couple of icons, one of them being "Reply With Quote". That'll put put a quote in the quick reply box for you.

Sounds like we'll just miss each other. My buddy and I will be there from July 14th to the 21st. As for quoting posts, at the bottom right over every posts are a couple of icons, one of them being "Reply With Quote". That'll put put a quote in the quick reply box for you.

:) That's too bad. Have a great trip!!!!

Back
Top Bottom