Deep Blue Resort Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divertuck

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Howdy all! My wife and I are gointg to DBR in July and haven't heard a lot about it in reviews. What are the chances of seeing a big boy, whale shark, and where exactly is DBR in regards to Utila town and the Treetantric bar?

Hi

I am the owner of Deep Blue Resort, if you look at our website it will explain quite a lot i.e. on this page Deep Blue Utila - swim with whale sharks at our all inclusive resort. Utila, Bay Islands, Honduras it says

SURROUNDINGS

The resort is located in an area called Pretty Bush and a boat is required for trips to and from town. We chose this location to provide peace and quiet for our guests, away from the hustle and bustle of this busy little town. We have boats traveling to town all day long, and you are welcome to get on any of these to explore and buy gifts. For evening trips, just let us know when you wish to be picked up.

Also you will see from the website that the main times for whale sharks are March and April, but we do see them every month of the year if you look at this page Deep Blue Utila - swim with whale sharks at our all inclusive resort. Utila, Bay Islands, Honduras it will show you the main whale shark times and the costs for that period of time .

If you do a search here for Deep Blue Resort you will find lots of details, in fact one of the moderators on the board has been here and has put lots of info on here about us, please do contact him if you would like to know more his name on the board is Diver Steve, or if you would like any more info about the resort please contact me personally and I will try to help you with any questions you have.

Hi

I am the owner of Deep Blue Resort, if you look at our website it will explain quite a lot i.e. on this page Deep Blue Utila - swim with whale sharks at our all inclusive resort. Utila, Bay Islands, Honduras it says

SURROUNDINGS

The resort is located in an area called Pretty Bush and a boat is required for trips to and from town. We chose this location to provide peace and quiet for our guests, away from the hustle and bustle of this busy little town. We have boats traveling to town all day long, and you are welcome to get on any of these to explore and buy gifts. For evening trips, just let us know when you wish to be picked up.

Also you will see from the website that the main times for whale sharks are March and April, but we do see them every month of the year if you look at this page Deep Blue Utila - swim with whale sharks at our all inclusive resort. Utila, Bay Islands, Honduras it will show you the main whale shark times and the costs for that period of time .

If you do a search here for Deep Blue Resort you will find lots of details, in fact one of the moderators on the board has been here and has put lots of info on here about us, please do contact him if you would like to know more his name on the board is Diver Steve, or if you would like any more info about the resort please contact me personally and I will try to help you with any questions you have.

Hi Steve,

We are going to be diving with you in about 2 weeks. We're not staying at the resort (booked solid) but we'd still love to get in on the whale shark dive. I looked on the link above and searched a bit, I didn't see a dive pricing for it? Thanks!

Greg

Hi

I am afraid that we can only take people that are staying at the resort, there are a couple of reasons, one, where we are situated you would need a boat to get to us also as you mentioned we are full that also means we do not have room for anyone else.

Another point to note is that there is no diving with whale sharks here we only snorkel with them.

Hi

I am afraid that we can only take people that are staying at the resort, there are a couple of reasons, one, where we are situated you would need a boat to get to us also as you mentioned we are full that also means we do not have room for anyone else.

Another point to note is that there is no diving with whale sharks here we only snorkel with them.

Fair enough, can you recommend a dive op in town? We're staying at the Jade Seahorse. Thanks.

Greg

Hi

We do have a shop in town, but what I suggest is that (as all the dive shops are very close to you) have a walk around and chat to them see what shops are offering what, some shops may be doing classes one day or out with whale sharks, find out what their schedule is or if any whale sharks have been seen in the previous few days.

Thanks Steve, we'll go ahead and go that route. I usually feel a bit more "Set" if I have at least the first day booked...LOL. But what the hell.... I'll roll the dice :D

Greg

Hi

Totally understand, but here it is so easy to find a dive shop to take you out, and I would hate to recommended one and you are not happy, so I always think that it is best to visit them to feel the ''ambiance'' of the shop and that it suits you.

I hope you have a great vacation and see lots of whale sharks.

Howdy all! My wife and I are gointg to DBR in July and haven't heard a lot about it in reviews. What are the chances of seeing a big boy, whale shark, and where exactly is DBR in regards to Utila town and the Treetantric bar?

Hi divertuck,

hdtran has already linked my trip report from my trip to Deep Blue Resort earlier this year. If you have any questions you'd specifically like to ask a past guest I'll happily assist, but as you can tell Steve (the owner) offers a rather fair and balanced opinion.

If you would like to see more photos of the resort, you can view my entire album. There are 140 images on there of the resort, the surrounding area, and the Utila Keys. If you have never been to Utila before you may wish to see my trip report from the previous year which tends to focus on the island itself. Finally, my first trip to Utila can be found here and offers photos of many of the businesses and what you will see walking around the main road of Utila.

I'll assume you are going to do some diving with Deep Blue. You can view my scuba photos from my time with Deep Blue earlier this year. Combined with my UW photos from 2010, you should have a good idea of what to expect while there.

Enjoy your trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom