Deep 6 Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

_anak_pulau_

Registered
Reaction score
The 7mm Deep 6 wetsuit seems like a good deal. From what I've ready in forum posts from last year, the quality is exceptional. I'm wondering though if even the size S would be too large for me. I'm a size 6 for Probe iDry 5mm and that's a snug fit.

Anyone else had experience with Deep 6 wetsuit sizing? Many thanks in advance!

I recently bought a 7mm Deep 6 size S with three dives in them so far. I'm 5'8" and 150 lbs. The arm and leg seals/gaskets are tight on me, but they sure help in keeping me warm. The arm length and legs lengths could be 1/2-3/4" shorter to my liking. I get some bunching at the wrists which makes donning gloves a bit more of a chore. 58F a depth for 50-60m dives with no hood and I stay toasty. I read that some have put Gatorade bottles in the arms and legs to stretch out tight seals/gaskets.

I recently bought a 7mm Deep 6 size S with three dives in them so far. I'm 5'8" and 150 lbs. The arm and leg seals/gaskets are tight on me, but they sure help in keeping me warm. The arm length and legs lengths could be 1/2-3/4" shorter to my liking. I get some bunching at the wrists which makes donning gloves a bit more of a chore. 58F a depth for 50-60m dives with no hood and I stay toasty. I read that some have put Gatorade bottles in the arms and legs to stretch out tight seals/gaskets.
Thanks Gill. My concern is that it will be too big for me. I'm 5ft, 100lbs. Shame they don't make XS, seems like a really good wetsuit otherwise.

Thanks Gill. My concern is that it will be too big for me. I'm 5ft, 100lbs. Shame they don't make XS, seems like a really good wetsuit otherwise.

Yeah, unfortunately in that case, the size small is going to be too big for you. I'm already at the bottom of the weight range for size small.

SMALL 150-185 LBS

I've got the 3mm in Medium. Fit is great, I'm 5'8" 160. Pocket placement is my only gripe (not even a complaint) on my suit they're placed more forward than to the sides.

I've got kind of the same question but in the opposite direction. I'm 6'4, 175lbs, with long legs and arms. Wondering if the large is going to swallow my torso and leave large amounts of my limbs hanging out.

I've got the 3mm in Medium. Fit is great, I'm 5'8" 160. Pocket placement is my only gripe (not even a complaint) on my suit they're placed more forward than to the sides.
That's to accomodate sidemount divers I believe.

I've got kind of the same question but in the opposite direction. I'm 6'4, 175lbs, with long legs and arms. Wondering if the large is going to swallow my torso and leave large amounts of my limbs hanging out.
I'd contact Deep 6 directly and ask. I asked about sizing. I'm 5'11, 190, and the medium fits really nice. This is by far the best made wetsuit I've ever used. Pity they didn't sell well enough to maintain the line. I was too late to get a 3 mil. I don't need a 3 mil, but one day I would. For the closeout price of $150, it is too good to pass up.

I was too late to get a 3 mil. I don't need a 3 mil, but one day I would. For the closeout price of $150, it is too good to pass up.

My 3mm wetsuit is still good. But wow, that was a good deal. I want it for the pockets since my 3mm doesn't have any. I dive with backplate and wings so those pockets would have come in handy. The 7mm is working out great for me. Very happy with it.

I'm 5'11", 170lbs. My 3mm size M fits me great. I originally sprung for the L, and it was too big in just about every dimension, so ended up giving it to a friend. I have a dive buddy who's a bit shorter and a bit thinner than me, I'd say 5'9" and 140 pounds, his 7mm in size S fits him well. Doubt very much that the S would fit you @_anak_pulau_, sorry.

@shagles sounds like you're kinda between the listed L and XL sizes. Probably best to give them a ring to see what best fits lanky/thin divers, the Deep6 folks are very helpful over the phone.

Th
I'm 5'11", 170lbs. My 3mm size M fits me great. I originally sprung for the L, and it was too big in just about every dimension, so ended up giving it to a friend. I have a dive buddy who's a bit shorter and a bit thinner than me, I'd say 5'9" and 140 pounds, his 7mm in size S fits him well. Doubt very much that the S would fit you @_anak_pulau_, sorry.

@shagles sounds like you're kinda between the listed L and XL sizes. Probably best to give them a ring to see what best fits lanky/thin divers, the Deep6 folks are very helpful over the phone.
Thanks Brett. I suppose I'll just sit back for now.

Back
Top Bottom