Deep 6 Wetsuit desired info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I’m interested in the 7mm Deep 6 wetsuit. Read a few ScubaBoard reviews and looked at the Deep 6 website, but need more info before I can buy... and want/need to buy immediately.

I understand the “best neoprene” is used. Is Yamamoto neoprene used and is it a durable low compression neoprene type?

The wrists and ankles have the extra gusset flap for a good seal. What does the neck and back zipper use for sealing and how effective are those seals? How close to a semi-dry is this suit?

The Deep 6 website suit pictures show the suit being both black and navy blue. The suit being sold is black, I’m assuming, right?

Love to hear from owners and even someone at Deep6.

@LandonL

Yamamoto is one of several brands/suppliers that offer various grades of neoprene, but it is not a specific type. I think people get a bit too obsessed with stuff like the Yamamoto name. We use a durable low compression high grade of neoprene from a supplier that controls the vast majority of the neoprene market.

The neck has a short collar, and the back zipper has a flap below the zipper as typically found in most quality wetsuits. I would not classify our suit as a semi-dry, although it does limit flow significantly more than other suits due to the hermetic sealing plus the gaskets on the wrist/ankles.

Personally, I sometimes let water in at the neck when I get in the water as it does not come up the ankles, wrists, or through the seams as you find in other suits. I do this to loosen it up a little when I first get in the water. Water does enter at the back and neck.

The wetsuits are only made in black, and the ones in the pictures are black. We do not make them in Navy.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Landon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom