Deep 6 Signature Regulator Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba J7

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I received my Deep 6 First and Second Stage (holiday special) last week and gave them a try over the weekend at Quail Run in Rolla,MO. Topside was nice in the 50's and the water was a balmy 44 degrees :D

I had the Deep 6 regs on my pony bottle so I could compare side by side with my Scubapro MK17/G260. I have always been happy with my Scubapro regs. The Deep 6 regs performed better than I could ask for, WOB was considerably less than my SP set.

My experience with different regs is limited but I have tried all of SP's current line up, a Titan with unbalanced 2nd from Aqualung, and an unknown new Mares set that made me feel like a robot. By far the Deep 6 regs are the easiest breathing regs I have used.

I also have to commend their business model, by keeping middlemen out of the equation we are able to buy high performing regs at a price that otherwise might make you question the product. Their customer service is also run in a way that makes me like them even more. Times are changing for retail and Deep 6 is leading the pack.

Thank You Deep 6 Team,
James

I had the Deep 6 regs on my pony bottle so I could compare side by side with my Scubapro MK17/G260. I have always been happy with my Scubapro regs. The Deep 6...WOB was considerably less than my SP set.

Thank You Deep 6 Team,
James

I know the Deep 6 Kool-Aid is especially plentiful on this forum, and SP has earned few friends with its business model, but really? "WOB considerably less"??? Really? It ain't a new design.

I know the Deep 6 Kool-Aid is especially plentiful on this forum, and SP has earned few friends with its businesses model, but really? "WOB considerably less"??? Really? It ain't a new design.

Well, I don't drink kool-aid, but all I can say is have you tried them? If you do, do it in direct comparison with another reg. I'll admit I was skeptical at first, which is why I purchased a set on holiday special and not a full two sets(as I am starting tec training soon). I didn't compare them on the bench, but really that's not what matters, what matters in this case is perception (as long as the regs are in spec).

I am also a regulator service tech and I can tell you that the G260 design has compromises in it in order to have features requested by tec divers. SP has better breathing regs than the G260 so there is that too. Air flow dynamics are very complicated and out of my scope so all I have to give you is perception. My perception is that one reg breathes better than the other and that difference feels considerable.

I tested my set with a tank on land. Haven’t gotta chance to dive it yet, but yeah, it’s super smooth.

Did you test the reg while your in different diving orientations, face up, face down, inverted etc.? I ask because i had an easy breathing rental that breathed wet when upside down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom