Deep 6 Signature Regulator Hose Lengths?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apenland01

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have purchased everything except the regulator and dive computer. I am trying to order the Deep 6 regulator, but don't know what hose lengths to choose for the primary and alternate reg. What is my best choice?

Also, the Deep 6 Excursion dive computer seems simple and damn sure affordable, thoughts?

I use the long hose config for my Deep 6...just completed 10 dives with it and it is breathing wet, so I’m Having it serviced on CZM...has about 40 dives over two year on it. Alternate...HOG, is on a bungee.

Call D6G and let them know how you kit up for a typical dive and they’ll get you configured properly.

I bought my wife the Excursion. I’m a technical dive nerd (Shearwater dork) and she is definitely not but we both like the Excursion.

depends on which setup you want to run. standard hose lengths are 26 to 28 inches for primary, 36 to 40 for octo, 26 for inflator, and 28 for spg. if you run a streamlined ow or DIR config, the necklace backup, inflator, and spg hose are usually a few inches shorter. and then 40 to 84 inches depending on height for the longer hose.

Thanks! I went to order the regulator and didn't realize there were that many hose length choices. Something I hadn't considered. I just bought a jacket BCD and wanted to get the regulator and didn't consider hose length.

I have my re-activation pool work scheduled for next month and don't want to use rental or used gear due to Covid. I realize it's probably silly, but better safe than sorry for me. I don't mind a used weight belt or something like that, but I bought a new wetsuit and all new gear, so just need to get the regulator and dive computer to round out the gear purchases.

I got my Deep6 3mm wetsuit yesterday and it's amazing for $150...

Okay, I got the Deep6 regulators ordered, along with the Excursion dive computer. The regulators and dive computer were more than what I paid for just about everything else I need to dive my local lakes...

Okay, I got the Deep6 regulators ordered, along with the Excursion dive computer. The regulators and dive computer were more than what I paid for just about everything else I need to dive my local lakes...
...but will last you a long time, and cheaper than other quality brands out there of comparable quality. You still win.
Good luck with the diving, be safe.

...but will last you a long time, and cheaper than other quality brands out there of comparable quality. You still win.
Good luck with the diving, be safe.

Thank you. Based on what I read, they were a decent price for a balanced, sealed regulator system. I've never used a dive computer, so I didn't want to spend a ton of cash on one. I have bought everything except tanks and I'm in for just over $1,700. Wetsuit, mask, fins, snorkel, boots, gloves, BCD, dive light, 2 dive knives, regulators, dive computer and weight belt. I'm looking to buy some used tanks, but the market is pretty dry right now, so I'll just rent them until I find some for sale.

There is a long thread on SB about the Excursion.
The three critical things you need to know, which are not in, or at least not well-explained, in the manual are:
1. There is no planning mode (yet, maybe in a firmware update, Real Soon Now).
2. There is no way to download the data (yet, but Real Soon Now)
3. The display for exceeding your NDL is unusual; it does not immediately display your deco obligation, rather it displays your time spent past the NDL, with a minus sign to indicate you've exceeded your NDL. It tells you what depth you should ascend to for a deco stop, and THEN tells you how long you need to stay there. It is NOT a computer for deco diving, but it will get you home safely if you exceed your NDL and then follow its directions.
Have fun! You've got some good gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom