Deep 6 Signature Regs Review with Long Hose Config

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Forgot about my can light. Got it on clearance. Like it tons.

I'm confused by your definition of "new" because I bought my Deep 6 regs almost 3 years ago and I wouldn't have considered Deep 6 a new company even back then.

I said *new* as opposed to "new".... yeah, they've been around since 2014, but compared to Cressi etc, thats still *new*. I also remember Chris from his HOG days too...

I said *new* as opposed to "new".... yeah, they've been around since 2014, but compared to Cressi etc, thats still *new*. I also remember Chris from his HOG days too...

That's how I interpreted your "new." As in, not Chris' old company, HOG.

Incidentally, I have a number of HOG regs for single and double tank configurations that I bought between 2013 and 2016, and they're still going strong. I service them myself and like how easily that can be done. But I've had my eyes on Deep6 since the beginning, and I just recently bought a Deep6 Signature single-tank reg set. At some point I will probably replace all the HOGs with Deep6.

That's how I interpreted your "new." As in, not Chris' old company, HOG.

Incidentally, I have a number of HOG regs for single and double tank configurations that I bought between 2013 and 2016, and they're still going strong. I service them myself and like how easily that can be done. But I've had my eyes on Deep6 since the beginning, and I just recently bought a Deep6 Signature single-tank reg set. At some point I will probably replace all the HOGs with Deep6.

Just curious, what is it about hog that makes it worth replacing with deep6? I only have 1 reg set now (hog d3). Looking to get a pair of regs for sm, so checking brands. Looks like there is about a $400 difference, but if it makes sense, I am open to it. I may some day get certified to service my own, but the upfront tools cost is a bit prohibitive.

Just curious, what is it about hog that makes it worth replacing with deep6? I only have 1 reg set now (hog d3). Looking to get a pair of regs for sm, so checking brands. Looks like there is about a $400 difference, but if it makes sense, I am open to it. I may some day get certified to service my own, but the upfront tools cost is a bit prohibitive.

My HOG D1s and Classic second stages are early models. On some of the D1s, the adjustment knob is corroded out--I think it was poorly designed, and on later models the knob assembly is a bit different. I could repair them, but it occurs to me that since they are no longer made, even if I did so, in time parts will become harder and harder to find. The Classic second stage bodies are early models that, I was told in my HOG service class, were later redesigned slightly (mine leak badly when not I'm not swimming horizontal). I was offered free replacement bodies at that time, but never got around to doing it. If I had D3s and second stages that I liked, I would just keep diving them.

My HOG D1s and Classic second stages are early models. On some of the D1s, the adjustment knob is corroded out--I think it was poorly designed, and on later models the knob assembly is a bit different. I could repair them, but it occurs to me that since they are no longer made, even if I did so, in time parts will become harder and harder to find. The Classic second stage bodies are early models that, I was told in my HOG service class, were later redesigned slightly (mine leak badly when not I'm not swimming horizontal). I was offered free replacement bodies at that time, but never got around to doing it. If I had D3s and second stages that I liked, I would just keep diving them.

Thanks, that helps. Always open to new products and ideas.

Adding to the chorus, I have a full doubles set of D6 signature regs, a DGX D6 O2 reg, a 3mm and 7mm wetsuit, and a canister light; love them all.

what I really like about Deep6 is the business model. They are not a closed loop system, they are open and they encourage, and enable, divers to service their own equipment. Plus they stand behind what they do and are still the right size to stay grounded and provide great customer service. I will continue to support them.

I know they don’t come on SB a lot because of some of the behaviors here but hope everyone singing their praises here makes its way too them.

Respect to Deep6 gear and their staff. My regs are working well. Even after 2 years sitting due to COVID, they work well. Getting them serviced soon and they are really working with me to get them serviced which I appreciate as they are a going above and beyond.
dove my excursion for the first time too, and it was easy to read and I preferred it to my other dive computer. I hope their model continues to thrive as it will mean more people can afford to by quality gear at great prices.

Back
Top Bottom