Deep 6 reg questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefrat

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi there
Is the turret on the Deep 6 first stage high enough to require inverting it (like most if not all flow through piston designs with turrets) or does it work well in the upright orientation like the Apeks DST?
Will the second stage fit an Aqualung Comfobite mouthpiece?
Cheers

think Scubapro MK25 vs. DST.

put turret sideways with turret over right shoulder or at 45* down angle to the right. If sideways, secondary on short hose comes out of the bottom, if 45* down then the long hose comes out the bottom. I prefer 45* down

Granted, I am probably more likely than not to be dorky. So I cannot speak to what might usually be considered the norm. But I have dove/dived my Deep 6 first in both orientations. It is currently oriented with the swivel down for my long hose config. I had the swivel on top when I was diving a more standard recreational hose config. Both configs used against a Zeagle Covert if it matters.

Hi there
Is the turret on the Deep 6 first stage high enough to require inverting it (like most if not all flow through piston designs with turrets) or does it work well in the upright orientation like the Apeks DST?
Will the second stage fit an Aqualung Comfobite mouthpiece?
Cheers

Yes, the Aqualung Comfobite fits on the second stage. I have Comfobites on all my second stages. Makes a huge difference for me.

On my Transpac XT, I do find the turret high and hits my head but that’s probably due to the Transpac, as I’ve heard ppl complain about it before.

I don’t find it high on a Halcyon Eclipse bp/w.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom