Deep 6 Gear Excursion DC: what would you change?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetb4igetinthewater

Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I have a question. What would people like changed about this computer? About the UI, features (trimix, etc.) that don't involve a hardware change.

As Bill Gates would say "It's f#cking software" (okay, okay, firmware).

Bummer thought this might be 2 gas for backup... Looks great for rec dives and freediving.
It is not sold as a technical computer.

It is not sold as a technical computer.
At this point in time. You never know what the future holds.

I do like mine.

It displays deco in an unusual way, but as a recreational computer, it performs well in such diving.

I only wish for the developers to work with Subsurface for integration, but that is not ever going to happen...

read in the threads here about it... it is just not the norm of what we typically see on just about any computer....

then again, it is not intended to be used for deco.....

So I have the Genesis version of this computer. I don’t know if the Excursion stopwatch is the same, but the stopwatch function counts up in seconds without converting to minutes. On top of that in order to leave the stopwatch screen, such as to go to time, you have to stop the stop watch. Perhaps someone with an Excursion can verify if this function is the same.

I only wish for the developers to work with Subsurface for integration, but that is not ever going to happen...

So I brought this up in the Subsurface google discussion forum. I got a response from a dev for the libdivecomputer library that Subsurface uses for its dive computer interface. Supposedly the Excursion was added but Subsurface needed to be recompiled with the updated library, to which I was sent instructions, however I got errors during the process and couldn’t get to recompiling it.

So perhaps the function is coming soon if the Subsurface devs recompile a new version with the new libdivecomputer library.

Does Dive Log 6 also use the libdivecomputer library? If so, perhaps there will be integration there as well?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom