Deep 6 Excursion questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@JohnN

The excursion is running pure Buhlmann, it should track relatively well regardless of the GF chosen. There may have been additional tissue loading one way or the other on one of the computers.

The unit does automatically turn on from sleep mode, however after 48h of being asleep the computer turns off, and then must be powered on.

When you say it was "significantly different" from the Shearwater, that's surprising and unexpected.

They should be very close. In testing, they lined up well with Shearwater and Garmin on a broad range of recreational dives to deep multi-gas technical dives.

For the first dive on a trip, you should make sure to power it on before the dive - it needs to be powered on to let it get the surface pressure, so it can do the elevation compensation. Just turning it on and verifying that all the gas mixes etc (make sure it's on air or whatever mixes you are going to dive with, make sure the GFs are set the way you want them to be, etc) Like Landon mentioned it does turn itself off if you haven't used in for 48 hours.

I understand it was your backup computer, so you likely weren't watching it closely, but if you have any idea where it was different from the Shearwater when you were diving with it, I'd be very interested in looking into it.

If you have any questions - let me know and I can help. The new manual isn't out yet.

Right you are about the SI, yes it is present and now that I know where, easy to get to.

The computer is set to Auto Scuba.

I'm pretty sure I understand GF LOW and GF HIGH (Deco and non-Deco diving) and what they are doing. What I'm referring to is displayed detail similiar to what Shearwater presents with the @+5 and (delta)+5 for current and surface. Certainly, the display doesn't match the current Excursion manual I downloaded a couple of days ago.

Like I said, I'll try and take a picture.

Are you asking about the Surface GF? That's available on one of the secondary dive screens

I set it to 40/80 to match my Perdix and it is significantly more conservative than the Shearwater.

My Perdix was at the default 40/85. Setting the excursion to that gives me a near perfect match
He corrected himself; the match was "near perfect."
When you say it was "significantly different" from the Shearwater, that's surprising and unexpected.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom