Deep 6 Eddy Size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mscmicrobiology

Registered
Reaction score
Simply question. What size should I order? I wear size 11D shoe (US). I wear Waterproof B1 6.5mm XL Semi-dry neoprene boots. Half the stuff I see suggests LG and the other half XL. I won’t be using these for drysuit diving, just wetsuit.

I wear a sz12, LG fit with 5mm soft sole boots. Hard sole/7mm fit better with xl

Maybe if enough of us post you will have enough data points to make a decision. I wear a L Eddy, XL jets and size 11 Henderson gold core boots (they have a pretty substantial sole). Feet are 10.5 US.

I have a size 12 shoe, wear a size xxl with a dgx 5mm bootie, and I got XL. Seems to fit nice. I asked Deep6 and they recommended I go for the XL

The deep6 fins have an unusually shaped foot pocket. I used 4 different kinds of L fins and all were fine until i got the eddys. I tried all kinds of things to adjust the spring strap to get it right for me, including trying the 2XL fins (which had an enormous pocket, I sent them back). In the end I solved the problem by switching to a different brand of bootie. I had been using scubapro booties and switched to Aqualung. The Aqualung work perfectly with the deep6 fins for my foot, while the scubapro left me with cramps.

Edit: corrected size

(US) 13 shoe, 12 Tusa bootie, XL Eddy for me

Oops I made a mistake, and realized it when I saw Rob's post. I use XL eddy fins, it's the 2x which are enormous. 14 shoe size.

I think you’ll be on the cusp depending on the width of the waterproof boots. I am an 11 and wore XL eddy with 6.5mm boots with a lot of rubber. Switched to dry suit and attached boots were actually less robust and I can now fit in a L eddy.

measure the width of the boot and compare stats

I wear an 11D in Nike and NB athletic shoes. I have 3mm and 5mm Mares zip boots with a bit of a sole on them, the Classic I think they are. I wear a Regular in Mares Quattro fins, an XL in the SP Jet Fin and a size L in the Eddy Fin. If that helps.

IMG-1131.jpg

James

Back
Top Bottom