Deep 6 Eddy fins in the house.... (and a bunch of other Deep 6 stuff)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So happy!

The Eddy fins, the dive boots, 3mm Wetsuit and (of course) Rash Guard... all in today.

Guys at Deep 6 turned this around very quickly... so happy to have all for this weekend.

The fins feel great. I'm a SoCal who recently relocated to FL... my warm water gear is sparse... and scootering with the Mantarays / Hollis F2 fins is fine, but kicking with them is problematic. So I got the Eddy fins.

Pool tested today... that's more like it. Like my Jets without the weight. And they're a wee bit more buoyant than the Mantarays / Hollis F2 in fresh... we'll see how they preform this weekend in the ocean.

So happy!! Can't wait to get these out.

- Ken

?temp_hash=a11d6646f22a66968a55a42c4877d214.jpg

Deep Siz Door.jpg

Ken D6 Rash Guard.jpg
Eddy Fins and Manrarays.jpg

Hello Mo2vation,

Did you ever get to test the eddy fins in the ocean?

The reason I ask is that I love my F1s but they are too negative for me with wet suit. I have the F2s which are great for weight but do find them a struggle in current. So, am looking for fins which are neutral/positive buoyant, stiff, but which are reasonable in ocean current.

Any feedback appreciated.

thanks,

They are fabulous. I couldn't love them more. I only have 6 dives on them, but they've been very good so far. Today will be two more... scooter dives, and I'll post a follow up.

Its weird for me not having black fins. I've always, always had black fins. They didn't have the large blacks in stock... so I grabbed the bundle (orange fins + booties)... and I'm very pleased. The boots are soft soled, and super comfy. And I'm getting used to the orange fins. A new chapter for me. :)

I'm in-between sizes... I wear 8.5 shoe (9 Deep6 bootie...should probably have gotten the 8). With the heel piece removed from the springs (who needs that thing?!?!), and the springs on the first position - they're too tight and hurt the top of my feet. With the spring in the second position, they're a wee bit loose, but no pain.

If you're not a true eight-and-a-half shoe, you'll likely fit in the large fins fine. That's my only issue... fit for my baby feet.

All else is perfect so far. :)

- Ken

Hello Mo2vation,

Did you ever get to test the eddy fins in the ocean?

The reason I ask is that I love my F1s but they are too negative for me with wet suit. I have the F2s which are great for weight but do find them a struggle in current. So, am looking for fins which are neutral/positive buoyant, stiff, but which are reasonable in ocean current.

Any feedback appreciated.

thanks,
Buy diverite xt fins. They are neutral and have best propulsion of all fins I have tried. Frogkick recommended.

Buy diverite xt fins. They are neutral and have best propulsion of all fins I have tried. Frogkick recommended.
They must make another version of the XT. My XT's are quite negative. I use Diverite XT's with my drysuit because they weigh down my feet. I use Deep6 Eddy with wetsuits because they aren't negative. I prefer the xt's propulsion wise, but I'm not about to add shoulder weights to offset the fins.

It's nice that deep6 has a booty bundle. I really struggled with the unusual foot pockets on the eddy fins until I found a pair of booties that was just right.

They must make another version of the XT. My XT's are quite negative. I use Diverite XT's with my drysuit because they weigh down my feet. I use Deep6 Eddy with wetsuits because they aren't negative. I prefer the xt's propulsion wise, but I'm not about to add shoulder weights to offset the fins.

It's nice that deep6 has a booty bundle. I really struggled with the unusual foot pockets on the eddy fins until I found a pair of booties that was just right.
Hmmmm I’ve only seen one pair as well. And they were negative when I tried them as well. They were insane stiff too.

XL Eddy's in black have been out of stock for some time, now. It concerns me that they are having this much trouble with inventory. I'd like to get a pair but don't want orange!

I understand.

Love my orange.... been a black Jet Fin diver forever.... I like the change. They're striking and fun. :)

They've been out of the large black forever. And the Small Blue.... ugh.

- K

Mine are great. Slightly negative, short length, very very stiff. I only kick as hard as I need to and have very fine control in tight silty spaces. Think a muscle car that you barley nudge off idle from a stop light, but if you need it you can GO.

The foot pocket is an improvement over other similar fins (Jets, Slipstreams etc). I wear with 7mm wet booties or turbosoles. Size 10.5 shoe, Orange XL fin. Would buy again.

So, how long have the Deep6 Eddy fins been around? If they are a recent addition to their inventory then I guess I could understand them being in short supply as they may not have accounted for their popularity. But if they have been making them for a while, I just don't understand how or why a company can be out of stock on a certain product for so long, especially when they seem to be a hot seller! My mind always starts going to bad places like, are they discontinuing them and just aren't telling us? Is the company going out of business? What the heck? Come on, guys! I need my fin fix!! :shocked:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom