Deep 6 computer ready to ship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't find a manual to download on the website.

Here's a link to deep6's website directly, for those of us who don't use facebook: Triton's Abacus

On the top right is a silver knob. Does anyone know if that's a dial like some computers use or is it just a large battery compartment cover?

Kind of weird that they use an apostrophe for degrees. Normally I'd expect to see like 22°C for temp or 177° for a direction. The computer shows it as 22'C or 177' for direction. I wonder what's up with that.

I guess it's not a big deal, but I saw 177' and my first thought was that I was seeing a distance in feet.

It notates dive time like 1'54" instead of 1:54 which is just as odd to me. Especially when the odd time notation and odd degree notation are both used on the same screen.

Kind of weird that they use an apostrophe for degrees. Normally I'd expect to see like 22°C for temp or 177° for a direction. The computer shows it as 22'C or 177' for direction. I wonder what's up with that.

In some European countries (e.g., France), they use commas to denote decimals, so punctuation can be different. For example, €40,00 - means 40 Euros. They do that in Quebec too.

Back
Top Bottom