Dedicated Curacao Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all - finally booked my first trip to Curacao after MANY trips to Bonaire (once - twice yearly since 10 yrs ago). Staying at Marazul, renting a car, etc. Any must do dive sites? Westpunt area? Is there a book like that Bonaire shore diving one that helps? I found Marazul and rec car rental on this forum so thanks!

Go to go west, kura hulanda and shore dive Alice in wonderland a/k/a playa kalki and take a boat dive to watamula..

Last edited:
What tkaelin said. Also Elvins Wreck out by Watamula is real cool. The dive in front of the allwest apts is great for turtles. The pier where the fishing boats come in and dump fish heads etc creates a feeding frenzy not to be missed. That might be playa piscada?
On another note I kinda chuckled that this was posted in a thread started to commend the new separate Curacao forum :wink:

Hi all - finally booked my first trip to Curacao after MANY trips to Bonaire (once - twice yearly since 10 yrs ago). Staying at Marazul, renting a car, etc.

How soon are you going? Going to be at Marazul for two weeks in October. We really enjoy it there. Great house reef. The dives others have listed are nice. The San Juan sites (Play Shon Mosa, Playa Largu, Playa Manzalina) are a great day trip. Load up a trunk full of tanks (no services) and pack a lunch. Rough road in but you're rewarded with beautiful little sand beaches & coves and odds are if you go during the week you'll have at least one all to yourself. Idyllic Caribbean... Also gotta have dinner at Trio Penotti in Westpunt. The coconut fish (I don't usually enjoy typical coconut fish) and the African peanut soup is awesome. Sunshine's place, Sol Food, is great on the weekends and she's a wonderful host. Have fun. :)

Hi all - finally booked my first trip to Curacao after MANY trips to Bonaire (once - twice yearly since 10 yrs ago). Staying at Marazul, renting a car, etc. Any must do dive sites? Westpunt area? Is there a book like that Bonaire shore diving one that helps? I found Marazul and rec car rental on this forum so thanks!
I'm leaving in a little less than 2 weeks. Staying in Boca Sami (St. Michael) in a house that literally overhangs the water. Close (enough) to Willemstadt,

If you have a car, check out Playa Manzalino (Landhuis San Juan) A descendant of the owners was 'guarding' the road when we last visited and were able to get a tour of the insides. The gentleman must have been in his 80's (at least) The Landhuis dates back to the 1660's and is quite a slice of history. The beach is down a rutted but drive-able road, and you'll likely be the only ones there.

Don't overlook some of the 'public' beaches (Palya Abao, Playa Largu, Playa Jerim) But avoid them if it is public holiday. There will be someone in the parking lot guarding your car against prowlers, and fresh water showers (coin operated) to rinse off between dives. For a PNW boy, those white sugar sand beaches are wonderful.

... Also gotta have dinner at Trio Penotti in Westpunt. The coconut fish (I don't usually enjoy typical coconut fish) and the African peanut soup is awesome. Sunshine's place, Sol Food, is great on the weekends and she's a wonderful host. Have fun. :)

Oh man, Sol food on the weekends and Trio Penotti during the week was all I needed for the week we were there!!!

At at sol food last night and had a nice time. Beautiful evening, lovely chatting with sunshine and 12 oz ice cold heinekens for $2.57. Trio tonight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom