Decompression limits and long safety stops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What’s does the op means. You made me feel you own this world. And I am just a snoop. Very strange behavior from a diver.
OP means Original Poster. OPP means something else.

Two things come to mind. First, you need to be sure you understand the difference between a safety stop and a decompression stop, and how your computer presents that information.

And second, planning YOUR dive is YOUR job, not the dive operators. If you're being herded in a group, and you're getting in to deco and you don't want to, then you should indicate to the DM that you're heading up with your buddy.
As others have implied, some computers are considerably more conservative than others which may be a factor in this case.

What’s does the op means. You made me feel you own this world. And I am just a snoop. Very strange behavior from a diver.

To add further, when a thread becomes pages long it is common practice to refer back to the original poster or original post, the OP, to tie back to the subject. It is not meant as negative but is a harmless abbreviation with no malevolence intended.

Thanks for sharing your adventure, @Ahmedben, this has been a good thread with useful comments and information from divers all about the planet.

James

Hi @Ahmedben , the OP is the original poster, you in this case, but the post you cited was not directed at you. I try to explain a bit more :)

Let's define recreational diving as that type of diving where there is never a mandatory deco stop.To be clear, there are other definition of rec diving, but let's stick to this one for the sake of simplicity.

In this kind of diving DCS is a minor risk, especially when doing safety stops (which are optional by definition).

In your case, at some point of your dive, you accumulated a quantity of nitrogen so that in case of an emergency ascent you had to do a mandatory deco stop. This isn't any more recreational dive according to our definition. So I just wanted to point out that the post I originally wrote ("DCS is a minor risk" ecc.) was a bit out of context here. I was a bit worried that my first message could deliver an unappropriate (and potentially dangerous) message, so I felt that a correction was the right thing to do.

I am sorry that you felt like "I own this world", it wasn't my purpose at all, and I hope what I wanted to do (that is, correcting a mistake of me) is clearer now.

Hi @Ahmedben

This really has been an educational thread, I would imagine for many people in addition to you.

I was wondering if you went back to dives 33 and 42 to confirm that they were also deco dives. If yes, it would be very interesting to see those profiles also.

Take care and good diving

Back
Top Bottom