Deco Tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meister481

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm a newbie tech diver looking for a set of accelerated decompression tables that have the ability to use 50-75-100 deco gasses. I did some searching and nothing current came up. I've seen the IANTD set, but I want an all encompassing backup in case the deffication encounters the oscillation. This would be in case of a snafu that causes significant plan deviation. Cursory planning could be made on site with these as well.

I have a nitek HE as insurance/quick check but I'd like something else as a backup to carrying too many preprinted v-planner tables.

I have been serching for tables too. I dont have your answer but I was curious if you settle a debate as to the NDL limit on a Ean mix of 36% at 60 and 70 fsw?

Why not just use the ones that came with your accelerated Deco course?
There are other sources you can use to generate your own custom tables, but these too will be covered in any course that covers accelerated Deco.
Rick

Bigcape:
I have been serching for tables too. I dont have your answer but I was curious if you settle a debate as to the NDL limit on a Ean mix of 36% at 60 and 70 fsw?
Depends on which tables you use. If you use EAD and the Navy Tables with Doppler Limits, then 70 minutes & 50 minutes respectively. If you use the NOAA Nitrox II table, 100 minutes. Other tables will yield other results
Rick

Check your pm

my tables show 170mins at 60fsw with a 36% mix. The extra 70 mins will get you bent. this requires a 29min deco stop at 10fsw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bigcape:
Check your pm

my tables show 170mins at 60fsw with a 36% mix. The extra 70 mins will get you bent. this requires a 29min deco stop at 10fsw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, I wouldn't get tooo excited yet. At 60 ft you have an EAD of only 42 feet. At 40 feet the NDL is 200 minutes on the Navy table... so an algorithm that recalculates every foot could easily yield 170 for an EAD of 42 ft.
A quick V-Planner run (nominal) of EAN 36 at 60 fsw and 170 minutes indicates no deco required.
It's probably just fine :) (I mean, aside from the tanks you'll have to take along for that length dive at that depth)
Rick

Bigcape:
Check your pm

It's an "NDL" dive on my GAP-RGBM dive planner. No stops required even on the conservative setting. Basically same with Buhlmann albeit with a 2 minute safety or deco stop at 10 feet. Of course if you add gradient factors then the results change depending on your settings.

Rick Murchison:
Oh, I wouldn't get tooo excited yet. At 60 ft you have an EAD of only 42 feet. At 40 feet the NDL is 200 minutes on the Navy table... so an algorithm that recalculates every foot could easily yield 170 for an EAD of 42 ft.
A quick V-Planner run (nominal) of EAN 36 at 60 fsw and 170 minutes indicates no deco required.
It's probably just fine :)
Rick

Then who is right and who is wrong. NOAA tables require a 29 min stop at 10 feet and if you do the EAD conversion from 36% you would need to a 21+ min stop on the air tables.

If that is the case then you might as well do 90mins on air at 70 ft and ignore the 23min stop at 10ft as well

I am not following the logic.

Meister481:
I'm a newbie tech diver looking for a set of accelerated decompression tables that have the ability to use 50-75-100 deco gasses. I did some searching and nothing current came up. I've seen the IANTD set, but I want an all encompassing backup in case the deffication encounters the oscillation. This would be in case of a snafu that causes significant plan deviation. Cursory planning could be made on site with these as well.

I have a nitek HE as insurance/quick check but I'd like something else as a backup to carrying too many preprinted v-planner tables.

I made my own backup tables using my deco program (GAP). I don't write complete schedules out, just the required total deco into a table in my wetnotes with time increments on the horizontal and depth increments on the vertical for a given set of gases (air for bottom gas and EAN50 for deco in my case). The deco curve is always pretty much the same for my dives so I just need to know the total required deco time and then I can divide it into roughly the right shape.

I plan all my dives and dive the plan. I also carry IANTD set for on the fly plan changes while on the road. But in most part I cut custom tables around the planned dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom