Deco showing in Shearwater Cloud graph at end of NDL dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBreezy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I've noticed that after downloading the 2 dives I've done on my Teric so far that the Cloud will include "deco" (red bar) as I am ascending and at safety stop.

These are both NDL dives, and my first thought was this was a feature of the adaptive safety stop that I have active, but I would have expected more discreet plateaus in the graph for that.

When I hover over areas with deco bar, the legend states 'Deco: NDL 99min'.

My buddy has noticed the same thing with his new Perdix.

Can anyone confirm this is the adaptive safety stop, or is something weird?

Screenshot_20201107-022142_Shearwater.jpg

I think its the safety stop.
I noticed the same, when i got my perdix.
Shallow(5m most of the time, only very short to 12m to trigger the SS) dive with 45 min divetime and i get the short deco at the end.

I think its the safety stop.
I noticed the same, when i got my perdix.
Shallow(5m most of the time, only very short to 12m to trigger the SS) dive with 45 min divetime and i get the short deco at the end.

Thanks for your experience. Recently added screenshot. Is that what you see as well?

Yes, and if i do my saftestop. And stay at that deph a bit longer. The "deco" is removed, because i already did my saftestop. You can try this on your next dive

I never really noticed as I usually use SubSurface, but I do download my dives in SW Cloud as well.

Just checked, and I see the same on most of my dives. I agree it is probably the adaptive safety stop showing. On the few dives that don’t have it showing, the max depth was too shallow to trigger a safety stop.

Yes, and if i do my saftestop. And stay at that deph a bit longer. The "deco" is removed, because i already did my saftestop. You can try this on your next dive

Hm... I think that is what was confusing about it to me in the first place. I cleared the safety stop timer on both dives I've done with the Teric so far and would have expected the 'Deco' to drop off to 0 again once the stop was completed.. maybe I will have to stay at SS depth longer next time to see what happens - it does start to turn downwards on the graph at the very end of the dive, but I couldn't say if that's from extra shallow time or from surfacing.

I don’t have a safety stop on my Perdix and I also get the red line, during deco dives and during ndl dives. It’s the GF% at that point I think.

I don’t have a safety stop on my Perdix and I also get the red line, during deco dives and during ndl dives. It’s the GF% at that point I think.

This is correct. Looking back at the graph when I hover over where I had the supposed deco, it is actually the peach colored GF line and the GF% value in the legend changes accordingly. Thanks for helping me solve this!

Edit: Part of my confusion was that this GF% bar disappeared when I unchecked deco on the graph and colors are similar on my phone. Also being relatively new to the concept of having GF data, so was not expecting that.

Here is a link to the Shearwater page on SurfGF, in case anyone is interested:
Surface GF and Other Teric Musings - Shearwater Research

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom