Deco Planner Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've gotten to the point where I'm planning Trimix dives which require a travel gas - and since no one seems to be around anymore to support Abyss's software - I am using GUE's Deco Planner and I can't seem to figure out how to do this.

I called them, but there is no telephone support. I am also wondering if I spend the $129 to upgrade to the new verison (3) will it support travel gasses? I have tried adding a "segment" but it seems to think I am doing a multi-level dive if I do this.

Can some one help, please? Is this a known problem?

Thanks,

Vandiver

Have you tried V-Planner?

*** I am not a technical diver. I have used V-Planner to hypothetically plan dives to learn more about mixed gas diving. Other's who do this kind of diving seem to feel the program works well. It's cheap too! :) ***

Best of luck.

Just how long are you going to be on that travel gas?

I imagine I'd hit the "immediate descent button" and ignore it, since you could breath 10/70 at early as 2 ATA. Don't really know though since I'm not trained for those kinds of dives.

I use the Palm based DPlan rather than DecoPlanner, but I'll second rjack's comment.

You are not going to be on it long. Plus, assuming you are using 36% nitrox or something similar as your first deco gas and travel gas, you will be on the conservative side of the line with regard to deco if the software is assuming a descent on trimix and you instead decend to 70-80 feet on 36%.

:06: Others will need to help on this one. I do not have any expertise in mixed gas diving.

Vandiver32:
I've gotten to the point where I'm planning Trimix dives which require a travel gas - and since no one seems to be around anymore to support Abyss's software - I am using GUE's Deco Planner and I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Can some one help, please? Is this a known problem?

Vandiver,

I've used Deco Planner to plan trimix dives with travel gas, and know it will work, but I'm more familiar with V-Planner which is what I'm using exclusively now.

Basically (unless you're doing some pretty radical dives) you want to stick with two bottles instead of three (e.g. an 80 of EAN36 and a 40 of O2). Run the profile in V-planner using EAN36 on the descent to 110', switch to backgas, continue with your profile, come off the He at 110' back onto the EAN36 on the ascent, run your stops up to 20 then switch to your O2. V-planner handles this fine, although as noted, I'm sure Deco Planner would also - I'm simply not as familiar with the settings. I suspect you simply ID that you're using EAN36 on the descent to 110', then note your backgas from that point on down - be sure to doublecheck your default ascent rates and sanity check your deep stops.

Doc

Back
Top Bottom