Decisions Decisions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquamann

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I thought I might check with the experts on this one. I'm planning a trip to Phuket and was going to do a liveaboard on the Mermaid II, but have the opportunity to do the same trip on the Black Manta for the same price. I don't know much about this boat, so if some of you have been on the Black Manta or Mermaid II I would be interested in your comparisons.

Wow!, you guys are all pretty much in agreement that the Manta is the way to go. I'm curious though as to what you meant Similandiver that the Mermaid is a classier boat. Looking at the pictures online it looks like the Manta is a little more upscale and the cabins are a little larger.

similandiver:
Sorry, Just a subjective feeling. Black Manta is certainly a good boat, don't get me wring. The layout, the way things are run is very good quality.

I just felt like things had a few better "touches" on the Mermaid. And yes, I would heartily recommend using the Manta.

Could you elaborate on that a little?

similandiver:
Sorry, Just a subjective feeling. Black Manta is certainly a good boat, don't get me wring. The layout, the way things are run is very good quality.

I just felt like things had a few better "touches" on the Mermaid. And yes, I would heartily recommend using the Manta.

Would you care to elaborate on what you found better on the Mermaid?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom