Decent setup for a photography school?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi... I'm thinking of getting a few units of u/w photo gear for the school i'm teaching in...

what's a good/ decent P&S setup that would do a good job? I'm leaning towards Canon's Powershot A or G series w/ ike housings and inon strobes

is this too $$$?

profile of students: barely (if any at all) any certified divers, these will most probably be used in a freedive environment as we can't require any of them to get cert'ed

won't spend on DSLR setups as it's money thrown away...

some input would help

Jag

Ike housings may be a little much.... perhaps just a Canon housing will do? Its a lot cheaper and being much smaller, a lot less intimidating for new divers...

Ike housings may be a little much.... perhaps just a Canon housing will do? Its a lot cheaper and being much smaller, a lot less intimidating for new divers...
true true... thanks!

Jag

If it's going to be above 33' Oly 1030s would work without a housing and have a decent uw mode. You can add housings for deeper.

Jack

I would consider getting a compact camera and housing from either sea&sea or sealife. The units sold by these companies are small, do not a lot of investment, and can take good pics. You can click on my gallery link to see the quality of pictures taken with Sea&Sea cameras.

Regards,

Bill

For small, light and easy the SeaLife and Intova are hard to beat. They'll both take decent pictures in good conditions. Otherwise, go with your Canons for quality. I get really tweaked when newbies take those cameras out and come back with pictures that look really good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom