Decent Dive center in Bangkok Until dive master? any recommandation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver_City Boys:
You brought up very important point, having lack of both swiming and diving skills not only endanger others life but my own life also, and i know this
It's good that you recognize this.
Diver_City Boys:
Doesn't padi course material and nessecary logged dives cover teorical and practical experaince needed for one to self dive with few pro partner?
In my experience as a PADI trained DM, absolutely not. The 60 dive minimum is just that, an absolute minimum. The PADI DM program teaches you how to demonstrate basic skills and offers some instruction on how to deal with various problems. There is some theoretical classroom stuff as well. If you do the "internship" route of training, you will get a minimal amount of practical experience in leading dives and assisting with classes, mostly in ideal situations. But again, without actual dive experience outside of the training setting, you will probably find you have difficulty dealing with your own problems, much less dealing with someone else's.

The folks in this thread are not flaming you or being critical, they are trying to let you know that although there are programs out there that will take you from OW to DM, it's not the most desireable way to do it... for your own benefit or the benefit of those you may ultimately be responsible for (which can inadvertantly happen if you happen to mention you're a DM, whether or not you're employed as one or not).

If you're just looking to gain practical diving experience for your own edification, there's actually no need to become a DM. You will learn far more about being a competant diver from good mentors than you will from a DM class.... in my opinion as well as in my experience.

Diver_City Boys:
Thanks whitehead for recommandation, more questions:

What are sterling pedigree and bangkok Aquarium?

Isn't plantscuba just a dive center, not high rated outlet? I was thinking to go with CDC centers like Mermaids or DiveAsia (in phuket), does it realy makes much differnace with regards to power and Legitamcy of your ceritification with whome you do it in recreational diving industry?

I was checking mermaid in Padi website, i didn't see them having any outlet in Bangkok?

"Sterling Pedigree" - Long time leader (20 years +) in Bangkok's dive industry. Part of the Siam Diving Enterprise (major equipment importer and agent), SIDS (PADI IDC and CDC diving centers) grouping.

Bangkok Aquarium - Asia's largest marine aquarium located at the Paragon complex (Siam BTS station).

Mermaids - had/have a partner operation located on the Nana BTS station.

"Power and legitamcy" - it does not matter who you do it with so long as the instructor is a good one. Some would argue that the better instructors could be with the bigger operations by virtue of their large customer bases, turnover and resources. Others would argue that smaller operations can provide a better more personal service. I dont really have an opinion on it.

Whitehead

It opened to the public on December 9th. I have to admit I have still not been (just like diving I dont like crowds). if you clcik on the link (hows that for self advertising!!) at the bottom of my signature you will see some stories/details about it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom