Decal adhesive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kupu

ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I need to reuse a decal from a 2nd stage I am servicing, but am not having luck finding a suitable adhesive. Looking for something that will hold a decal on purge buttons and adjustment knobs until the next service, but don't want to use a permanent type adhesive which would make future removal difficult.

Any recommendations?

neoprene cement

urethane marine sealant

Good ideas, thanks. I have considered trying plain rubber cement since it is quite cheap, and it does not really matter if I lose a decal off the adjustment knob on my personal regulators. But I got curious about which adhesive is used during factory assembly, and what DIYers have been using.

Neoprene cement would probably be an improvement over regular rubber cement.

Loctite clear silicone adhesive is perfect for this. Holds very well and is easily removed (sticker may not survive removal though depending how thick you apply it). A little dab should do. A tube is like $4. You can use it for a lot of different applications.

That sounds like a winner, I will give it a try. Thanks for the recommendation!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom