Dec. 21 Bohol pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I want to share these photos with my fellow Scubaboarders.
They are of a "Christmas Star" project here on Panglao Island, Bohol.
They are homemade by volunteers in a specific Barangay (neighborhood).
The stars are made of a thin plastic material with bamboo frames.
The dimensions and color for the stars are uniform as mandated by the Barangay officials.
The stars are then placed along the roadside as Christmas decorations.
They are hung on bamboo poles, from trees and attached to utility poles.

Finished stars at a basketball court on the grounds of the Barangay Tawala office
star1.jpg

Stars displayed along the roadside in different Barangays.
star2.jpg

A lighted star made by members of a Purok (subdivision of a Barangay) and displayed at the Purok Meeting Place
star3.jpg

I always enjoy the topside photos. Since I have never been there, I learn through you sharing your pictures, so thank you.

My Finnish relatives all have stars displayed too.

Merry Christmas, and happy holidays :)

Just think, Christmas is the one event/day that is celebrated around the world by many, many nations, cultures and peoples. It is the one event, time of year that the world basically celebrates something together...other than a new year.

And so for you Gilligan and your family/friends I salute you at this Christmas time and say thanks to your photo escapades that I enjoy with a frequency I almost hate to admit.
Merry Christmas.

Thanks! I, too, love your topside pics as well as the UW stuff. I look forward to the local culture shots. What a nice seasonal series. Have a great holiday.

Christmas in the Philippines is always more fun. I miss the parols and the carolers. :(

Jim,
As always I enjoyed the Topside Photo's and look forward to many more over the coming months. It's easy to forget the culture of a particular place when you're not living in it from day to day like you do. For me the enjoyment of my travels around the world has always been the local culture and people first and then the adventure that comes when you enter the underwater realm of that particular place. I look at your photos and in my mind, I am transported to that place and time. So thank you once again for your contributions over the last months and I hope they have brought smiles to faces of many others as they have to me!

Have a safe and peaceful Christmas and New Year and may the big Red Suited fella bring you lots of new toys to play with.

Peter E

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom