Dec. 21, 2009 Neck Point (Nanaimo) photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, with my Bare fleece undergarment (I call it my snowmobile suit) I use 32-34lb's but by layering thinner undergarments this year I have gotten down to 28lb's (current). I'm going to see if I can make it through the winter without using the snosuit. Fortunately/unfortunately I have more "bioprene" than I really want. My first dives with a Bare Arctic wetsuit saw me using 42lb's.
How do you like the Fusion? I have always thought I had a thin drysuit (Bare ATR light) but those are very thin. I imagine they may be more streamlined than the usual human ziploc sandwich bag.

How do you like the Fusion? I have always thought I had a thin drysuit (Bare ATR light) but those are very thin. I imagine they may be more streamlined than the usual human ziploc sandwich bag.

Here's a link to another post regarding my Fusion:http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/4928832-post7.html
Admittedly, some of these complaints could apply to any shell suit, not just the Fusion.

I wear a Fusion with a Tech Skin and when I wore my Whites MK3 undergarment, I needed 42lbs. I am wearing Fourth Element Arctic Udergarments now and I dive with 26lbs! The fourth Element stuff also keeps me very warm. I recommend you check it out.

Al

Yikes. I think it was Todd (Bradnerboy) who also had problems with not reaching his dump valve (could be wrong but it was someone I dove with recently). It certainly is a different looking suit. I would be in big trouble if my suit had no knee pads. I often kneel in the surf zone to take my fins off (my feet totally suck into my Jets). Perhaps it is more a suit designed for charter diving.

I wear a Fusion with a Tech Skin and when I wore my Whites MK3 undergarment, I needed 42lbs. I am wearing Fourth Element Arctic Udergarments now and I dive with 26lbs! The fourth Element stuff also keeps me very warm. I recommend you check it out.

Al

I'm in the market for a new undersuit. Did you buy yours locally?

My kids bought them for me in Bellingham. I understand some stores in the Lower Mainland are going to be carrying Fourth Element gear in the near future. I ordered the Fourth Element Arctic Socks on-line (love them) through Ebay.

Back
Top Bottom