Dec. 20, 2011 Wreck of the Fanny (Victoria) video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great video! Thanks for sharing! I remain in complete awe of the variety of sites you dive, and your ability to document them so well on video. The fact that most of them seem to be solo dives is even more amazing to me!

Ok, if you are soloing, in some parts of this nice video you are filmed. The camera is pretty static. This means to me that you left it in the bottom filming. This also means that the camera should be pretty negative to be left there, affecting your buoyancy.
Besides, this is sea water, though it has the greenish colour of fresh water (where has gone the blue ?).

Ok, if you are soloing, in some parts of this nice video you are filmed. The camera is pretty static. This means to me that you left it in the bottom filming. This also means that the camera should be pretty negative to be left there, affecting your buoyancy.
Besides, this is sea water, though it has the greenish colour of fresh water (where has gone the blue ?).

The camera is about 1lb negative underwater. I carry an ankle weight in my pocket to put on the camera to hold it down even more when I leave it on the bottom. I have to dump a bit of air from my drysuit when I let go of the camera, but I'm not one of those people that thinks proper weighting means you're positive on the surface with a 500-psi tank. The water is cold and cold water holds more free oxygen than warm water, which allows for more plankton growth, making the water green.

Thanks... The solo diving actually makes exploring weird sites a lot easier for me. I don't have to worry about boring someone on a lame dive and I have the freedom to go where and when I want.

You are quite right, I agree! I find also I can focus much more on photography if I don't have a buddy to worry about. But I would be a little spooked out to try a new dive site via solo boat dive (although I have tried new shore sites solo). I'm amazed you can pull off decent shots of yourself underwater, I can not even begin to conceive doing such a thing!

Back
Top Bottom