Debraw from Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just want to say thank you to Debraw from Surface Interval Scuba in Texas (I think in Arlington?). Although we have not yet been able to attend one of the diver's day out events that she has organized (and we have never met her personally), I see how hard she is working to try to provide fun events for local divers.

She recently organized a day trip to the Vahalla Missile Silo, supposed to be a been there/done that, but-don't-miss-it-at-least-once dive. She also put together an underwater poker run dive day in Dec. I think she even did a low-cost (to you and me) Polar Bear type dive on New Year's Day, and now she's got another diver's day out scheduled at Lake Murray in Oklahoma on Jan. 29. I know that she's not the only one organizing trips, etc., but I do appreciate her efforts to give the Texas Swampdivers some additional dive opportunities, especially during these bleak winter months.

Keep it up, Debraw, and thank you. I'm sure we'll be able to attend one of your events soon. I think we Swampers should support her events when possible, it will give us more opportunity to dive in various conditions, and we will have a fun time getting to know one another better. And, NO, she did not put me up to this, she has no idea that I am posting this. Well, yet. I just want her to know that someone's noticing her efforts, and would like for her to continue to provide organized dive days.

Foo

Thanks Foo. That was really nice. It's been a difficult year for me personally and professionally. When you own a shop it's not to often you get a "kudos" like that. I needed to hear what you had to say today and it is very nice to know people are watching! I was just telling Troy the other day after doing the Diver's Day Out events for the last few years with low attendance we have already had great success this year with the events. When you get 8 to 10 people for an event during the winter that is phenomenal! I was telling Troy I can't wait till the summer because if we can get like 20 or 30 people together at a time it would be just to much fun! We think the key to the well attended events is because we are going to different places each time. We are also trying our hand at forming a Scuba MC for anyone interested. Today we rode down to Stephenville and back and had lunch at a great BBQ place called Hard Eight. We thought it would have been cool to have a few more cycles with us. Our shop is also lucky to have a few hard core divers who make the events reguarly and since they are all so dern likeable people keep coming back! Anyway thanks for the "Kudos", you don't know how bad I needed that! :dazzler1:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom