Dear New Zealanders (from N.Island), please read this.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

assoc4

New
Reaction score
Hello New Zealanders,

I have a question. I have already posted in greets forum. I thought to post here as this person lives in NZ. Before I ask, here's a little background. A guy I know is a qualified scuba diver. Four years ago, he was involved in an accident where one of his students bolted and he rescued him/her. As a result, he suffered serious irreversible damage in his lungs. He received a note stating the doctor does not recommend him scuba diving again. I know he daydreams of scuba diving again, as his heart belongs to the sea. I know he is working on making his lungs better. Could he ever scuba dive again?

It breaks my heart to know he may never have this opportunity again. Anyone from Auckland, New Zealand who can help me with this? Perhaps talk to him about his options or your experience? I'd like to think he would appreciate it. Please comment or inbox me as I'd love to hear from you.

Professor Simon Mitchell is the person who he should contact. He is at Auckland City Hospital and also The University of Auckland. He is also a member of this forum so you could PM him as well.

Reactions: MA
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom