Dealer Advertisement on Scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:no Dealers and consumers

Whites has always had a strong stance regarding online sales, equal dealership opportunity, and supporting the brick and mortar stores that train our divers, and continue to make the industry grow. Whites Manufacturing will continue with that trend on Scubaboard and in the future.

Recently, concerns have arisen regarding dealer "advertising" on the Whites thread. In order to ensure that all dealers have equal opportunity, and that Whites is not showing favoritism, we ask that all dealers not blatantly advertise that certain products are available, or that consumers should contact them for pricing. Advertising in this manner treads a fine line on dealership agreements.

As this is a somewhat contraversial topic, I'm sure that we can all agree that consumers are smart - if they (the consumer) are after a product - certainly they can ask where to get the product, what pricing is etc, and other members can and will certainly offer their suggestions. However, if you are a advertising yourself as a Whites dealer, we ask that you private msg. members the information, rather than taking what was originally a potentially educational thread and turning it into your own personal "pop up" advertisment site.

All Dealers that advertise in this manner may have their posts removed, and may be contacted by Whites staff regarding dealership.

I'm sure that all members and dealers can appreciate this - Scubaboard is a diverse site - we want to keep the board educational where it is meant to be educational.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please feel free to contact me (via private message or email!) with your concerns.

Always striving to build the diving industry.....
Tyler

Dang... when did Whites get bought by Aqualung? :rofl3:

You can remove dealers posts who on Scubaboard? You might be able to terminate their dealership, but what gives you the power to remove their posts?

All of your dealers have "equal opportunity". Some choose to sell at list price and some choose to be competitive. Some chose to only operate store fronts and some operate both storefronts and online stores. As long as they are within your MAP dealer guidelines, why hinder dealers who are trying to be competitive?

remember they are competing against your compeitition drysuit makers. So you are hurting your own dealers that you say your trying to support?

Wouldn't you rather your dealers agressively try to sell against the competition?

Why not answer in public? What is your internet sales policy?

I agree. Why not state your policy?

Having a 'hidden policy' reaks of a policy that is micromanaged any time a dealer tries to promote your product. Because sure enough another dealer is going to complain that someone is selling it for $1 less than he is. Put your policy out in the open and when other dealers complain, point them to the policy.

I'm starting to wish I were looking for a drysuit so I could avoid Whites.

Tyler,

Thanks for your support. The position is not always popular and it's benefit to the manufacturer is certainly questionable, but the motive is not(imo).

It was good talking to you last week. The guys who tried out the Fusion are still raving about it. I got my quote and will be ordering this week. Awesome suit!

Back
Top Bottom