Dead Strobe...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UPDATE:

I dove with my new strobe (they replaced the head of my defective one) and I notice there is a big difference in the way the switch works between my new one and the other "old" one (bought in January).

The new one has distinct "clicks" at the off, on and test settings, where the old one just has a mushy feel to them and absolutely no click stops at all. I am guessing that something has changed in the manufacturing, or that something wasn't right on the batch I got. I am hoping that if the other one fails it does so in my warranty period. The newer one feels much more solid.

On the bright side, once I figure out how to get this rig to really work, I think it is going to let me take some really good pictures... that's MY learning curve, as long as the equipment is physically functioning all bad pictures are on ME, not it.

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. Being new to the UW camera scene, my last batch had a lot of overexposed pics. I found these tips on the Sealife site. Just thought I would share if you have not yet seen this.

Sevice Center

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom