Dead Galileo Sol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drewh1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just tried upgrading firmware from 1.7 to 2.1. Infrared failure in the middle. Sol is now bricked, no response. How can I can recover, reset the Sol and start over?

Most devices with EEPROM have a JTAG port internally to recover from stuff like this. Since it's sealed you'll probably have to send it off to scubapro.

Does it do anything at all in the current state?

nope, no response. I figured I would have to send it in. bummer relying on an infrared connection for a firmware update

nope, no response. I figured I would have to send it in. bummer relying on an infrared connection for a firmware update
They could eliminate that risk simply storing the firmware upgrade file locally on the device before actually starting the flash... Some things just aren't planned out very well, I guess.

Just heard from Scubapro - according to them computer is fried nothing they can do, suggested buying a new one. It makes me really curious to know how a computer that was working perfectly could get fried while doing a firmware upgrade. Oh well, no more Scubapro computers for me.

Yeah, that sucks, sorry for you mate :(

Though FW update always represents a risk, no matter if done via cable or IR, the latter is quite prone to a connection loss and I would have expected some kind of failsafe mechanism in case this happens.

OTOH with the new G2 coming, probably a bunch of cheap, used G1 will be available on ebay soon. Let's you keep your transmitter at least...

Cheers,
Peter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom