Dead depth gauge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Russoft

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
49fdeded3893f35938aaeb00fcb4bf72.jpg
1aca07998705111108d4519c9f4a5366.jpg

I noticed some moisture inside my depth gauge after a cold water dive (39F / 4C) but didn't think much of it. During my first dive since then, my gauge showed "0 ft" until I was at 20 ft when the needle moved to "20 ft". The needle did not move after this, not even after I had ascended. Long after the dive, the needle fell to "0 ft" (or I turned the calibration wheel then forgot about it).

Either way, I assume the gauge is toast. Time to buy a computer I guess. Any chance at all of reviving it though?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I am guessing it died a natural death of old age. It has been around quite awhile, the company has been gone for years.

what he said. Spring is out of whack or the pressure sensor is stuck, no way to fix it without replacing the spring, and even then there is no guarantee it will be brought back to life. If you're doing shallow dives or not a lot of repetitive dives there isn't a lot of reason for a computer. New depth gauges are $50 or so, used ones can be had cheaper. Used computers are usually $150-$200. Gauge whether you will really benefit before going to a computer

I went with a Mares Puck. Cheap to buy new and will be useful on dive trips even if not for local dives.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom