Dcs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMHO, not a problem, assuming you can get out of the airport that fast :D

There is not generally a problem diving after flying. The problem would occur if you fly after diving.

It is not advised to do so after long flights, especially when changing multiple time zones, for example going to Europe or Pacific destinations. However, On short flights as the one your suggesting, as long as you get a good night's rest before your flight and be well hydrated i don't think there's a problem for you. I think you should do a search on DAN's website www.diversalertnetwork.com for additional information, i'm sure they've touched on the subject before. Flying immediately after diving should never never be done, and i try to wait at least 24h. Just letting you know for you way back!
Good luck and safe diving.

Always drink a lot while flying.

...ah, water, that is. Flying dehydrates you.

There do not appear to be any fly-then-dive problems. Any bubbles created in the plane would be recompressed by diving.

The only thing I have seen on this invloved the dehydration and fatique that often comes with a long flight.

Back
Top Bottom