Dcb609 air travel documentation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k954triniz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am planning a trip soon and want to get ahead of all the possibly set backs. I have a blacktip travel in which I use the dewalt 20v 9ah flex max battery (dcb609)
I have seen some people mention travel documents and specs for the batteries. Is there anyone on here that may be able to point me in the right direction to find them or provide me with them. I have found the tsa guideline but it’s generic and does state the function of the red cap and why that’s all I’ll really need installed on the battery while flying.

(20Volt Max/60Volt Max) - DCB606 with Transport Cap. Battery pack is considered 3 batteries each having a Whr rating of 40 Whr with Transport Cap in place
DCB609 with Transport Cap. Battery pack is considered 3 batteries each having a Whr rating of 60 Whr with Transport Cap in place, DCB609G with Transport Cap. Battery pack is considered 3 batteries each having a Whr rating of 60 Whr with Transport Cap in place,
DCB612 with Transport Cap. Battery pack is considered 3 batteries each having a Whr rating of 80 Whr with Transport Cap in place

So I printed those documents and I also printed the faa/tsa guidelines. So I should be good. May even laminate them. Now you think I’ll have issues with the Bahamian tsa/customs ?

So I printed those documents and I also printed the faa/tsa guidelines. So I should be good. May even laminate them. Now you think I’ll have issues with the Bahamian tsa/customs ?

I have not had any issues with TSA but I basically do the same thing you did. I printed out the Dewalt MSDS and TSA regulations and highlighted the specific sections. I believe Bahamas has similar battery restrictions (less than 100Wh). They should be in carry-on and not checked bags.

I've flown with these batteries 5 times in the US and have not had any trouble with TSA but I can't speak for other countries.

Any countries that may give an issue?
Yep I highlighted all the information that applies to what I’m doing. I am planning Bahamas in the next month. Then a few other Caribbean islands. Next year I want to do Mexico and. Possibly the Red Sea

I have not had any issues with TSA but I basically do the same thing you did. I printed out the Dewalt MSDS and TSA regulations and highlighted the specific sections. I believe Bahamas has similar battery restrictions (less than 100Wh). They should be in carry-on and not checked bags.

I've flown with these batteries 5 times in the US and have not had any trouble with TSA but I can't speak for other countries.

Forget about flying them to Japan
Depends on the airline though afaik.. best bet is to just remove the sticker showing Ah.. No problems when I flew to/from Japan with DIY batteries well above 100Wh total..

Forget about flying them to Japan

Depends on the airline though afaik.. best bet is to just remove the sticker showing Ah.. No problems when I flew to/from Japan with DIY batteries well above 100Wh total..

I recently fly a Genesis DPV battery and a 107wH UWLD battery through Japan and Indonesia in June of this year and had no issues. Same with TSA, never even had them question the large battery.

Back
Top Bottom