Dc800 leakage problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafrog5

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey all, I was wondering if anybody out there has had any problems with the housing for the dc800 leaking, the first time I took it out everything went well but the 3 times that have followed it took on water... now I have cleaned and inspected the o-ring everytime, the o-ring groove and all seemed good until I got it in the water, has there ever been issues w/the housings or am I missing something?? Getting kind of frustrated so I thought I'd ask you guys..probably just send it in for repair, eh??

Last edited:
Hello ScubaFrog5,

Is there any specifics that you can tell me about the dives/depth that might help troubleshoot?

It might be a good idea to contact our service Dept. and have them do some tests on the housing. They can be reached @ 856 866-9191.

Hi Sealife Joe,

thx for the response! Well I have taken the camera out 4 times, the 1st time went well the 3 times following it took on water ( I had tested it out in a swimming pool before the last dive and it did'nt leak ) as far as the specifics it was all noticed at the surface so I was able to catch it before the camera got soaked ( camera is fine ) I feel confident that I followed all the instructions I just don't get it.......

ScubaFrog,

I would get in touch with our service dept. and get an RMA # from them and send it in for inspection. They will need the cmaera and housing to test the complete system.

thx again Joe, I took your advice and spoke to Ricky @ Sealife and got an RMA#, will be sending it out this week..I have been reading about this problem and it seems a lot of the time the testing finds no leak, what happens in this case? I mean, I get it in the ocean and it leaks. Anyways, thx for your response!

Scubafrog5:

Good luck. I am no fan of SeaLife products. I had the same problem with a new DC500 a couple of years back. Send it back to SeaLife for testing. Jumped through all the hoop and got no satisfaction what-so-ever.

Have since bought an Ikelite housing. Could not be more pleased with the product.

PhxSki,

Sorry to hear that you had problems back with the DC500 which has been discontinued now for over 4 years. We have learned a lot since then and appled all to the development of new products.

Back
Top Bottom