DC800 - Cracked Strobe Base

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_frog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was getting ready for tomorrow's dive when I noticed that one of the strobe bases is cracked in 2 places.

PICT0692.jpg

PICT0690.jpg

PICT0686.jpg

I also sent these pics to Sea-Life. Waiting for their response. Has anyone else had these issues?

Everyone else has had the issue. Call SeaLife. They will usually ship you a replacement at no cost

The base for SeaLife cameras has a stress point at the place it begins to taper and everyone's base eventually cracks at exactly the same spot.

You can do what some of us have done. Find a 1/4" piece of plexiglass and make a better base for your camera and strobe

Thanks. This is the first I heard of this issue. Guess my search parameters need help...lol. I did send them an e-mail with the pics. If I don't hear anything in the next day or so, I'll give them a call.

AMAZING - in less than an hour I heard back from Karl who is sending me the replacement part. Now THAT'S customer service.

I had the same problem, I used a piece of wood to replace the strobe arms, much more sturdy. It also allowed me to separate the strobes further, I use 2 strobes, from the camera.

Well, they are sending me a couple bases "just in case this happens again." Doesn't sound too promising. Either need to find a way to reinforce these or go the Plexiglas route.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom