DC800 and sticky shutter button

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bmchugh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a new DC800, have 5 dives on it and the shutter button sticks. The button has stuck on 4 of the 5 dives but I cannot get it to stick on the surface. I have a DC600 with about 50 dives on it and have not had any issues. I have tried soaking it in fresh water but this did not help. Anything else I should try before sending it back on warranty?

Thanks,
Brian

I just tried my DC800 pro for the first time yesterday. It worked OK for about a dozen
pics and then the shutter button stuck at about 25 feet. It started working again near the surface. Once I got it home I could open it up and see that the shutter button on the waterproof housing only springs back about 1/2 way.
I just emailed sealife customer service. I'll see if they'll let me send it in for repair.

The pics I got were overexposed in auto mode, but actually looked better than I
expected for such rotten visibility. I'm sure they'll look better when I learn to control the exposure settings. Didn't get a chance to try any of the "sea modes".

Caleb

11/25/08 update: Sealife customer service gets 5 out of 5 stars. They responded to my email in less
than 1/2 a day. They're going to take care of this problem.

Caleb

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom