DC600 Elite set - Strobe Good??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brucekrymow

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am this close to buying a new DC600 Elite set at a good deal & am requesting some feedback on a couple questions. I am no pro, but aspiring to take shots better than a camera w/ no strobe to get brighter & more colorful shots:

1) Is the strobe good/strong/bright enough to light up a subject to get decent color for UW ocean pictures?
2) Is the wide angle lens a good accessory?
3) How does this DC600 w/ strobe work in lake water (~30ft vis)?
4) Is there another battery w/ higher mAh that works in this camera for longer life?

Thanks!

Strobe and wide angle do not work well together. When you use the strobe with the wide angle
you get part of the lens in your photo. Purchase an additional battery and switch between dives.
Battery only last an hour if you leave the lcd screen on the whole time. In lake water, it depends
on suspended particulate matter. The closer you are the better, macro would probably be better
for lake conditions. The strobe will pick up the backscatter if viz is bad. I have an elite set on ebay for a pretty good price. PM me if you are interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom