DC500 Memory Card Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

srownin

Registered
Reaction score
Hey All,

I have been considering the DC500 as a good first camera. I have heard both good and bad from people on the board, but recently had that opportunity to demo a dive buddy's. IMO it was pretty good. Just uesd the stock camera - no wide-angle or strobe. At 40ft. I got some really nice shots. The only complaint I have is the placement of the on/off button on the outside. I hit it a few times going for the shutter. Not a big deal, just need to get used to it.

Here's my question. My buddy recommended getting 256k cards, nothing larger. In his experience, anything larger has caused the camera to lock up.

Has anyone had a similar experience or is this just a bug with his?

Any feedback is appreciated as always.

Pool's open!!

I believe people had problems with an older firmware version that caused lockups with certain size cards. I've used a 1Gig card exclusively with no problems at all. I would just make sure the firmware is up to date and you shouldn't have any worries.

Rich,

Thanks for the feedback. I am going to tell my buddy to upgrade the frmware and see if it fixes his problems.

--Scott

Back
Top Bottom