DC1400 Video?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keith.M

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently purchaced a DC 1400 and was able to use it on a trip to Cozumel.

When taking HD Video, the video is choppy at times.

I am very disappointed in that.

Do others experience the same thing? Are there any suggestions to improve that?

I am using a 16 gig memory card. PNY with a 10 rating. 20 MB / S

This is really interesting to hear, because I have the exact same camera (as does one of the other DM/instructors I routinely dive with) and both of us use the video function often. It always comes out smooth and crisp. I will take a look at the SD cards we are using, but from your description it sounds like that isn't the problem. :confused:

I would appreciate you looking into the memory you and your buddy are using. I know the camera is rated to 16 gig but I thought I may have seen other recommendations to use no larger than an 8 gig... But then I might be imagining that.

---------- Post Merged at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Well now, it looks like the issue might very well be the computer I was playing it on.

I copied the file to a new blazing fast computer and now the only choppy part of the video seems to be my unsteady hand!

I will look through the rest of my clips and see if that resolved the "issue".

The video card seems like a likely candidate as 20mb/s speed is very slow. I started using a 30mb/s and it was also very slow. I moved up to a 90mb/s read speed with a 60mb/s write speed and WOW, what a difference. Newegg usually has great prices and deals. SHop around, but faster is better.

usually always the computer you are working on does not have the power to process hd video

Why is the rum always gone

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom